Rubbery action figure Stretch Armstrong expanding to Netflix this year
The animated series boasts some top-tier voice talent.
Toy manufacturer Hasbro is joining forces with Netflix to give the elastic hero Stretch Armstrong his very own animated series, Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters. While this collaboration has been in the works for a while, Netflix has now revealed which stars will be lending their voices to the show, as well as when Stretch is due to arrive on the streaming service.
Like all good superhero stories, Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters begins with a botched science experiment that bestows typical high-school students Jake Armstrong and his two BFFs Nathan Park and Ricardo Perez with special powers. Left with little choice, they vow to use their newfound abilities to protect the world from the many nasty threats facing it.
Big names are on the casting bill, with Scott Menville (Robin in Teen Titans) voicing Stretch, Steven Yeun (Glenn from The Walking Dead) voicing Nathan and Ogie Banks (Clawd in Monster High) giving life to Ricardo. There will also be cameos by Wil Wheaton, Felicia Day and Keith David.
Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters will span 26 episodes when it launches on Netflix later this year.
- New on Netflix Australia and Stan in June 2018: Farewell Sense8, we hardly know youse
- Where to watch Fahrenheit 451 online in Australia
- The Fab Five are coming to Sydney to celebrate Queer Eye Season 2
- Where to watch the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final online in Australia
- Gem Finder: Happy! Is the most bonkers show you’ll binge this year