Are you an rt health fund member? Find out how you can save 40% on travel insurance.
Australia's first ever registered health fund, Railway & Transport Health Fund (rt health fund) is a not-for-profit fund that has been providing quality health cover for transport and energy industry employees and their families for more than 126 years.
Other types of cover available
rt health fund’s life insurance portfolio includes:
- Ezicover Life Insurance. Pays a lump sum in the event of death or diagnosis of a terminal illness, where life expectancy is less than 12 months. It includes a Cash Advance Benefit towards funeral or other expenses and a Future Insurability and Inflation Protection Benefit.
- Ezicover Funeral Advantage. Pays a lump sum in the event of death towards the cost of a funeral. It covers accidental death only in the first 12 months, after which it covers death from any cause.
- Ezicover Accidental Death Insurance. Pays a lump sum in the event of accidental death, which is defined as death resulting from bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means and occurring within three months of the injury being sustained.
rt health fund’s travel insurance options include:
- Annual Multi-Trip. Provides cover for unlimited domestic or international trips in a 12-month period, where trips are less than 60 days each. Includes medical and dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and additional expenses.
- International Comprehensive. Provides cover for medical and dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more.
- Australian Comprehensive. Provides cover for cancellation or rearrangement costs, additional travel expenses, repatriation and other benefits for travel inside Australia.
- Australian Cancellation. Provides limited cover for the non-refundable portion of prepaid travel arrangements or additional travel, accommodation and meals for travel inside Australia.
- Inbound Travel Insurance. Provides cover for non-residents travelling to and within Australia on a temporary basis for medical and cancellation, loss or theft of luggage, rental vehicle insurance excess and more.
What are the benefits of Railway & Transport Health Fund Limited?
rt health fund is a mutual not-for-profit fund, which means it is owned by its members and exists only to provide members with the best possible health cover at the best possible price. Rather than paying dividends to shareholders or profits to overseas owners, rt health fund reinvests earnings into the fund to continually improve benefits and to keep premiums down.
rt health fund also provides its members with a variety of programs, services, discounts and incentives, including:
- 40% discount on QBE travel insurance
- Free life insurance cover for the first month
- 10% discount on a second life policy where two applications are submitted and two policies issued at the same time
- No excess for dependant children included in your hospital cover
- Low-priced sole parent family cover that covers one adult and all the kids
- 40% off frames, free digital retinal photography and a great range of designer and no-gap sunnies and glasses at rt health fund’s optical practices in Newcastle and Surry Hills. Plus a 20% discount on lenses, a 15% discount on non-prescription sunglasses and a 10% discount on contact lenses purchased in-store at OPSM and Laubman and Pank
- A $300 preventive dental check-up with no out-of-pocket expenses for members with extras cover at rt health fund’s Surry Hills dental clinic
- Free health management programs for rt members with hospital cover, including hospital at home (provides hospital-equivalent care in your own home) and a chronic disease prevention and management program (to help you improve or prevent chronic disease)
- rt Families Foundation, a charitable organisation run by rt staff volunteers that provides assistance to families with medical care, medicine, treatment or equipment not covered by Medicare or private health cover
Compare your options and get health insurance today
- Government announces price cut for major medications
- Parliament approves private health insurance reforms
- Money Hack: Get up to $1,000 cash back on health insurance
- Two major health funds offer premium relief for drought-stricken farmers
- Health funds cover $2.6 billion per annum in dental benefits
- Money Hack: Get healthy and save on insurance