Royal Caribbean unveils 2018/19 sailing season itinerary
Three megaliners to set sail from Australia across 61 sailings.
Luxury cruise line Royal Caribbean has announced its Australian itinerary for the 2018/19 season, revealing that three megaliners are on schedule to sail from Australia. Specifically its newest, largest and most modern ship Ovation of the Seas, culinary favourite Radiance of the Seas and veteran liner Explorer of the Seas.
Together, the three megaliners will offer 61 sailings and travel to nine countries. These include: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, French Polynesia, Malaysia, New Caledonia, Singapore, the USA and Vanuatu. Sailings lengths range from a three night weekender to a 23-night luxe getaway.
Here's a snapshot on what's happening with each:
Ovation of the Seas
A trailblazer for SuperCruising Ovation of the Seas comes equipped with all the bells and whistles including a skydiving simulator and martini-mixing robots. Returning for its third season, this 2018/19 sailing will be its longest season in Australia as it is scheduled to arrive down under earlier than usual on 2 November 2018. It will sail exclusively from Australia and offer various Australia and New Zealand itineraries. Some cruises include:
- New Zealand and South Pacific hybrid sail
- 8 and 9 night cruise through the South Pacific, with stops in New Caledonia and Vanuatu
- 14-night Singapore to Sydney cruise via Perth, Adelaide and Hobart
- 5-night Tasmania cruise
- 14-night Singapore to Sydney cruise via Brisbane, Darwin and Malaysia
Radiance of the Seas
Featuring numerous dining options including two steakhouses and family-friendly pizzerias, Radiance of the Seas is often commended for its culinary prowess. Making waves in the 2018/19 sailing season, Radiance of the Seas will christen Royal Caribbean's first ever departures from Melbourne. It is also scheduled to make three departures from Auckland and numerous voyages from Sydney across Australia and New Zealand itineraries and will arrive in Sydney on 6 October 2018. Some sailings include:
- 3-night sampler cruise to nowhere
- 4-night Melbourne cruise
- 5-night Tasmania cruise
- 8, 10, and 12-night South Pacific cruise
- 18-night Hawaii repositioning sailings
Explorer of the Seas
Veteran liner Explorer of the Seas will meet its fourth season in Australian waters in 2018/19. Featuring 15 decks, 10 whirlpools, a FlowRider surf machine, rock-climbing wall and full-sized sports court, it's Australia's second largest ship and a family favourite. No stranger to South Pacific destinations such as Fiji, New Caledonia and Vanuatu, Explorer of the Seas returns to Sydney on 27 October 2018 and will continue its South Pacific voyages this season. It will offer 8-14 nights sailings, including:
- 6-night Tasmania cruise via Newcastle, Wollongong and Hobart
- 8-night Queensland cruise
- Seattle and Sydney repositioning voyages via Hawaii, Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia
Bookings for Royal Caribbean's 2018/19 summer season sailings are available now from CruiseAway and Cruise Direct. To celebrate the new season, Royal Caribbean has a buy one, get one half price deal plus a free balcony stateroom for the price of an oceanview for bookings made before 30 June 2017. As always, this is subject to availability.
- Save up to 40% with Princess Cruises with Great Escape Sale
- Save up to $500 per cabin with this Carnival Cruise sale
- Snap up to 60% off second guests on Royal Caribbean cruises
- Score balcony upgrades and $200 on board credit with Princess Cruises
- P&O 7-Day Cruise Sale: Spend a week on the seas for just $529