Royal Caribbean Black Friday sale prediction plus early deals
What to expect from the cruise line on 25 November 2022.
Black Friday is a month away.
What's even more exciting is that it's the first time in two years that cruises will be up and running during the event.
Despite the pandemic, Royal Caribbean has continued to join in Black Friday. And this year, we've got high hopes for low prices on the day.
Here's what we're predicting based on previous Black Fridays.
Up to $850 off cruises
In 2020 Royal Caribbean offered up to $850 off cruises during Black Friday.
At face value, 2021's sale wasn't quite as juicy with up to $250 off. However, it did throw in up to US$400 in onboard credit to make up for it. Based on last year's conversion rates, that credit was worth AUD$552.
That brings the total potential savings to $800 and makes us silently confident we'll be seeing at least $800 off in this year's sale.
Up to 60% off second guests
Over the last 2 Black Fridays, Royal Caribbean has offered up to 60% off second guests.
That's great odds for the cruise line to serve that deal our way again.
If you don't have a cruise buddy already, it might be an idea to start asking now to bag the biggest bargains when the big day arrives.
Speaking of the big day…
Deals will drop before Black Friday
Royal Caribbean joins in advance, starting its Black Friday sale as early as Wednesday morning.
Our advice? Check this page first thing on Wednesday 23 November in case and be the early bird that catches this worm.
Long sale period
Traditionally, Black Friday sales last the day only.
Royal Caribbean isn't a traditionalist.
It plays the long game with sales that run until the end of November and sometimes the beginning of December.
This gives you plenty of time to decide which cruise is the one for you in 2023. Plus, it gives you that much more time to round up your cruise crew.
Where can I book?
Outside of the official Royal Caribbean website, stacks of online travel agents will be selling cruises for a fraction of the cost on Black Friday. This includes:
- Groupon: Get up to 38% off cruises in and around Australia
- Cruisedirect: Score loads of discounts and bonus extras including 30% off all guests, 10% off shore excurisions and up to $500 word of Visa gift cards.
- My Travel Experience: Book your entire holiday seemlessly to destinations including Australia, the South Pacific and Canada.
Can't wait? Snap up a deal today
If you're keen to cure your wanderlust now or don't want the stress of booking over Black Friday and Cyber Weekend, Royal Caribbean has some tasty deals on sale right now for you to book.
Here are our favourites:
- Up to US$550 off cruises around Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia and more: Plus, kids sail free with a paying adult. Sale ends 25 October.
- Up to 38% off a 10-night Cruise to New Zealand: Travel in April 2023 on the Ovation of the Seas.
- 8-night Qantum of the Seas South Pacific cruise from $1,360pp: Price is based on twin share and is for sailings on 4 April.
- 17-day fly and cruise package from Hawaii to Sydney from $2,999pp: Fly from Sydney to Honolulu and return on Radiance of the Seas via Tahiti and French Polynesia.
- Alaska cruises from $1,999pp: Choose from a variety of Alaska passage tours and Alaska, Rockies and Vegas cruise holidays.
Don't miss out! Keep on top of all the Black Friday cruise deals as they drop here.