Indulge in a getaway that’s perfect for two in these romantic Queensland resorts.
With a bounty of beaches stretching from the Gold Coast in the south to Port Douglas and beyond in the north, lush inland rainforests and countless island escapes, Queensland is made for holidays.
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday spot as a couple, we know a few places where the rooms are plush, the views are panoramic and the atmosphere is bliss.
1. Qualia, Hamilton Island
qualia is one of the most luxurious and exclusive resorts on Hamilton Island. Choose to spend your days exploring Whitehaven Beach and the southern Great Barrier Reef and your nights retreating to your private villa.
- Features: 60 light-filled pavilions, spa, unparalleled service, exclusive fine dining options
- Price: Rooms start at $1,200 for a one-bedroom pavillion
- Best suited for: Island escapes.
2. QT Gold Coast, Gold Coast
While you won’t get a secluded beach holiday here, for couples that love a lively getaway, Gold Coast is it. QT Gold Coast is a swanky stay with unrivalled coastal views and a touch of surfer chic.
- Features: Jacuzzi, outdoor tennis courts, Turkish steam bath, on-site fine dining and designer spa.
- Price: Rooms start at $265for a QT King room
- Best suited for: Weekend breaks
3. Silky Oaks Lodge, Daintree Rainforest
Hide away deep in the rainforest of the tropical north where all you have to worry about is whether to unwind in a pool or in a private hammock on your room’s terrace. That's what Silky Oaks can offer you... and so much more.
- Features: Hair salon, BBQ picnic area, golf course, secluded treehouse rooms, morning yoga classes, guided rainforest walks
- Price: Room start at $396 for a Dainty Treehouse
- Best suited for: Nature retreat
4. Narrows Rainforest Retreat, Sunshine Coast Hinterland
Just inland from the busy beaches families flock to, you’ll find a quieter setting filled with rainforests, waterfalls and the unique Glass House Mountains. It’s a perfect place to rent a car and get yourselves lost.
- Features: Six crafted pavilions, spa baths, saltwater pool and massage services.
- Price: Rooms start at $325 for a one bedroom pavillion
- Best suited for: Nature lovers
5. Heron Island Resort, Heron Island
Surrounded by turquoise waters hiding the Great Barrier Reef beneath its surface, Heron Island is a world away from your everyday life. The one island resort offers beach cottages and lush suites of total privacy and afternoon canapes delivered straight to your room daily.
- Features: Direct beach access and sea views from select rooms, lush tropical garden surroundings, mod-cons.
- Price: Rooms start at $330 for the Turtle room
- Best suited for: Seclusion and underwater adventures
6. Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort and Spa, Port Douglas
If tropical beaches and posh resorts are your thing, then so is Pullman Port Douglas. When you’re looking to explore, take on a daytrip to the Great Barrier Reef or book in a sunset sail on the Coral Sea.
- Features: Three bedroom villas, one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere, spa and in-house fine dining.
- Price: Rooms start at $299 for a Studio Spa room
- Best suited for: Relaxation
8. Castaways Resort and Spa, Mission Beach
With gentle seas and a tropical island sitting just offshore, Mission Beach is made for long, romantic walks on a quiet beach. Castaways finds its home in this laidback area with its relaxed atmosphere and luxurious extras.
- Features: Beachfront positioning, on-site spa, private villas, private balconies, views of the Coral Sea and Dunk Island, rainforest lagoon pool and lush rainforest surroundings.
- Price: Rooms start at $195 for a beachfront hotel room
- Best suited for: Relaxing on quiet beaches