6 romantic hotels in Melbourne for a couple’s getaway
We have found the best romantic hotels to make your stay unforgettable.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The shopping, the dining, the nightlife... Melbourne is undoubtedly one of Australia’s most charming destinations.
Whether you are planning a trip to Melbourne to celebrate an anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or you're just looking for an excuse to get away, start with a stay in one of the city’s excellent accommodation choices, this list is for you.
Popular with couples, and kitted out with luxurious spa and fitness facilities, the Crown Metropol is a central, trendy destination for visitors who will enjoy the excitement and entertainment options at Crown Casino.
- Rating: 5 stars.
- Facilities: Casino, restaurants, spa, infinity pool, gym, bar, 24-hour reception, shopping, laundry service.
- Perfect for couples: Treat yourselves to a night of absolute luxury with the Isika overnight spa package.
The Hotel Windsor is a tastefully furnished historic property that reflects the city's contemporary feel while giving a nod to its tradition. Its location in the centre of Melbourne's CBD is hard to beat.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Restaurant, beauty centre, massage, laundry service, meeting rooms, valet parking.
- Perfect for couples: The Grand Romance Package includes a bottle of French champagne on arrival, valet parking, breakfast in bed and a late checkout.
With a range of romantic in-house dining options and the whole of Melbourne city on your doorstep, the Langham is the perfect place if you want to explore and enjoy everything the city has to offer.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Swimming pool, massage, jacuzzi, sauna, salon, bicycle rental, laundry service, valet parking, restaurant, bar.
- Perfect for couples: Make it a special trip with the Marvelous Melba package. It includes a dinner for two, breakfast in bed the next morning and a late checkout.
Well located in chic St Kilda, The Blackman is a trendy and uniquely stylish hotel with a lot to offer couples who want a boutique atmosphere. Each individually furnished suite comes with its own balcony – perfect for a candlelit dinner.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: 24-hour reception, conference rooms, laundry service, restaurant, bicycle rental.
- Perfect for couples: Stay with the simple bed and breakfast package for a laid-back romantic weekend.
5. St Jerome's
For something different, why not spend your romantic getaway at one of Melbourne's standout inner-city glamping destinations? Take in stunning rooftop views from the centre of Melbourne's CBD with all the services of a high-end hotel.
- Rating: Unrated
- Facilities: Sweet treats on arrival, complimentary cocktail, stocked esky, 24-hour reception, infrared sauna, meditation sessions.
- Perfect for couples: Surprise your loved one with a gift voucher for an incredible Valentine's Day away.
The Como is a boutique offering from world-class hotel brand, Sofitel. Five minutes' walk from Chapel Street, stylish Prahran and the Yarra River, this hotel is just moments from the CBD but far enough away to feel like you're a local.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Fitness rooms, gym, sauna, swimming pool, laundry service, bicycle rental, 24-hour reception, meeting rooms, bar.
- Perfect for couples: Stay with the Duck Away package for the full romantic treatment, with valet parking and breakfast for two included.
How did we pick these hotels?Our editorial team selected the Melbourne hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Still looking for the right room? Browse for more Melbourne hotels here:
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Ask an Expert