6 romantic hotels in Melbourne for a couple’s getaway
We have found the best romantic hotels to make your stay unforgettable.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The shopping, the dining, the nightlife... Melbourne is undoubtedly one of Australia’s most charming destinations.
Whether you are planning a trip to Melbourne to celebrate an anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or you're just looking for an excuse to get away, start with a stay in one of the city’s excellent accommodation choices, this list is for you.
Popular with couples, and kitted out with luxurious spa and fitness facilities, the Crown Metropol is a central, trendy destination for visitors who will enjoy the excitement and entertainment options at Crown Casino.
- Rating: 5 stars.
- Facilities: Casino, restaurants, spa, infinity pool, gym, bar, 24-hour reception, shopping, laundry service.
- Perfect for couples: Treat yourselves to a night of absolute luxury with the Isika overnight spa package.
The Hotel Windsor is a tastefully furnished historic property that reflects the city's contemporary feel while giving a nod to its tradition. Its location in the centre of Melbourne's CBD is hard to beat.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Restaurant, beauty centre, massage, laundry service, meeting rooms, valet parking.
- Perfect for couples: The Grand Romance Package includes a bottle of French champagne on arrival, valet parking, breakfast in bed and a late checkout.
With a range of romantic in-house dining options and the whole of Melbourne city on your doorstep, the Langham is the perfect place if you want to explore and enjoy everything the city has to offer.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Swimming pool, massage, jacuzzi, sauna, salon, bicycle rental, laundry service, valet parking, restaurant, bar.
- Perfect for couples: Make it a special trip with the Marvelous Melba package. It includes a dinner for two, breakfast in bed the next morning and a late checkout.
Well located in chic St Kilda, The Blackman is a trendy and uniquely stylish hotel with a lot to offer couples who want a boutique atmosphere. Each individually furnished suite comes with its own balcony – perfect for a candlelit dinner.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: 24-hour reception, conference rooms, laundry service, restaurant, bicycle rental.
- Perfect for couples: Stay with the simple bed and breakfast package for a laid-back romantic weekend.
5. St Jerome's
For something different, why not spend your romantic getaway at one of Melbourne's standout inner-city glamping destinations? Take in stunning rooftop views from the centre of Melbourne's CBD with all the services of a high-end hotel.
- Rating: Unrated
- Facilities: Sweet treats on arrival, complimentary cocktail, stocked esky, 24-hour reception, infrared sauna, meditation sessions.
- Perfect for couples: Surprise your loved one with a gift voucher for an incredible Valentine's Day away.
The Como is a boutique offering from world-class hotel brand, Sofitel. Five minutes' walk from Chapel Street, stylish Prahran and the Yarra River, this hotel is just moments from the CBD but far enough away to feel like you're a local.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Fitness rooms, gym, sauna, swimming pool, laundry service, bicycle rental, 24-hour reception, meeting rooms, bar.
- Perfect for couples: Stay with the Duck Away package for the full romantic treatment, with valet parking and breakfast for two included.
How did we pick these hotels?Our editorial team selected the Melbourne hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Still looking for the right room? Browse for more Melbourne hotels here:
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert