6 romantic hotels in Adelaide ideal for a couple’s stay
Planning a romantic getaway or staycation in the city of gardens? We’ve hand-selected the best hotels to choose from.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
One of our favourite things about Adelaide is how it manages to do so much at once. With a range of world-class restaurants and chic inner city streets on one hand, and a feeling of familiarity and cosiness on the other, a weekend away in Adelaide is a delight. Plus, it's surrounded by a stunning coastline and endless wineries.
If you’re planning to spend an anniversary, birthday or Valentine’s Day, or are just looking for an excuse to stroll the city’s tree-lined streets, then this list of romantic hotels is for you.
Our favourite romantic hotels in Adelaide
The award-winning Playford is centrally located among Adelaide's leafy inner city streets, just a short walk from Rundle Mall, the art gallery and the CBD's famous dining options.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Bar, lounge, 24-hour concierge, spa, fitness facilities, beauty centre, tours desk, swimming pool, meeting rooms, business centre.
- Perfect for couples: Dine in or out – the Playford offers a special Valentine's Day package which includes a romantic menu.
Situated right in the middle of the CBD and equipped with its own spa, sauna and jacuzzi, the Crowne Plaza is a fantastic option if you just want to relax knowing that everything you need is only moments away.
- Rating: 4.5 stars
- Facilities: Spa, sauna, jacuzzi, movies on demand, swimming pool, gym, laundry service, banquet facilities, meeting rooms.
- Perfect for couples: The Special Moments package includes accommodation for two, a buffet breakfast, late checkout and complimentary chocolates.
If a cocktail on a rooftop bar overlooking the city sounds like a good way to spend an afternoon, then Stamford Plaza might be for you. The 5-star offering is popular with couples and for good reason: check out the Romance and Seduction package.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Jacuzzi, rooftop pool, sauna, bar, rooftop terrace, gym, spa, salon, restaurant.
- Perfect for couples: Travel with the Romance and Seduction package and be welcomed with scattered rose petals, candlelight, soft music, French champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries.
Perfectly situated on the foreshore of Glenelg Beach, and with stunning beach views from the balconies, the Stamford Grand Hotel offers the same high-quality accommodation as its inner-city counterpart, in a more relaxed setting.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Jacuzzi, swimming pool, gym, spa, bar, restaurant, wellness centre.
- Perfect for couples: The Romance and Seduction package is just perfect to sweep your loved one off their feet.
Only a few minutes from the historic railway station, Art Gallery of South Australia and Rundle Mall, the InterContinental Hotel is a central and convenient place to stay in Adelaide. Guests love the fast check-in and stunning pool.
- Rating: 5 stars
- Facilities: Room kitchenette, jacuzzi, swimming pool, spa, lounge bar, bars, restaurants.
- Perfect for couples: Try the memorable Escapes package and enjoy valet parking, breakfast for two and late checkout.
6. The Vintage
For a truly romantic getaway, escape the city and stay in picturesque McLaren Vale in a lovingly restored 1850s estate. The Vintage Bed & Breakfast provides the perfect setting to unwind and enjoy the famous wine region.
- Rating: 4 stars
- Facilities: Kitchenette, restaurant, bar, laundry service.
- Perfect for couples: The Wine Lovers Package includes two nights' accommodation, breakfast, gourmet lunch at one of the surrounding establishments, daily tours of the finest wineries in the area with a personal chauffeur, and more.
Looking for more options? Compare Adelaide hotels
Latest deals on Adelaide hotels
More guides on Finder
Best Sydney hotels with balconies
These are the hotels that come with balconies in Sydney.
Perth hotels with spas in the room
Find out where you can enjoy your own spa bath with these Perth hotels.
Best caravan parks in Port Hughes
Here are the caravan parks worth staying at along the Copper Coast.
Port Stephens hotels | Where to stay in the sandy beaches north of Sydney
Compare Port Stephens hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Kiama hotels | Where to stay in the coastal town south of Sydney
Compare Kiama hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Best caravan parks in Mannum
Find the best caravan parks in Mannum and explore the heart of the Murray River.
Best caravan parks in Kalbarri, Western Australia
Base yourself moments away from the West Coast’s Kalbarri National Park.
Best caravan parks in Halls Gap
Discover the top caravan parks in Halls Gap for easy access to Grampians National Park.
Best caravan parks in Noosa
Find the best caravan parks in Noosa and discover the perfect base for exploring the Noosa everglades, Noosa National Park and even heading over to Fraser Island.
Taronga Zoo review
We review everything from the animal exhibits to what the zoo is doing to stay COVID-safe.
Ask an Expert