Up to 61% off Australia getaways
11 breathtaking romantic getaways on the Sunshine Coast
From the waterfront to the poolside, these Sunshine Coast couples getaways will have you unwinding in minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can't get closer to the beach than the Sunshine Coast, so if you and your special someone are looking for a coastal getaway, look no further. With beaches left, right and centre, keep reading for our top picks for stays on the Sunshine Coast.
Our favourite romantic stays on the Sunshine Coast
Where is it? Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast
Book a weekend that you'll never forget with a luxury apartment that overlooks the Sunshine Coast oceanfront. Your two-night stay will be met with a bottle of bubbly and decadent Belgium chocolates. Spend your days at the Eumundi Markets or meet the locals with a stroll past the nearby cafes.
- Star rating: 5 stars.
- Romantic features: Champagne and chocolate upon arrival, ensuite spa bath and late checkout.
- Why do we love it? Take in uninterrupted views of the ocean from the comfort of your bed or from your private balcony.
Where is it? Marcoola, Sunshine Coast
Wake up with a coffee on your balcony which overlooks the endless stretch of horizon at the Ramada By Wyndham. Choose to make the most of the hotel's provided breakfast or take a stroll through the area for a bite to eat, only to come back for a swim in the pristine outdoor pool. If you're after salt and sand, you'll find the beach just moments away.
- Star rating: 4 stars.
- Romantic features: Beauty centre, bicycle rentals and breakfast.
- Why do we love it? Reviews from previous couples who have stayed here highlighted the bar, the on-site restaurant, the pool and the excellent location.
Where is it? Coolum Beach, 10 minutes north of the Sunshine Coast
Calling all beach bums! Nestled a stone's throw from Coolum Beach, local cafes and sights, the Beach Cottage has everything you need and more. Reconnecting with your partner is easy, with nights spent in your outdoor spa and home-cooked dinners on your personal BBQ.
- Star rating: 5 stars.
- Romantic features: Jacuzzi, private deck and queen-sized bedroom.
- Why do we love it? After a day at the beach, come back to your private heated spa.
Where is it? Noosa Heads, 30 minutes north of the Sunshine Coast
Nestled in sunny Noosa Heads, the Sofitel is your one-stop shop for getting away from the busyness of everyday life. Couple reviews include comments on the excellent views of the river, the great bedrooms and the excellent food and bar. The hotel offers rooms with two-person baths, balconies and in-house fine dining.
- Star rating: 5 stars.
- Romantic features: Jacuzzi, sauna, in-house spa, garden and body treatments.
- Why do we love it? Rent a couple of bikes and see Noosa like a true local.
Where is it? Glenview, 25 minutes south of the Sunshine Coast
Surround yourselves with the serene rainforests of the Sunshine Coast at the Earth House. Featuring a sizable bedroom, breakfast upon arrival and a patio and garden, you'll be fully equipped for a weekend filled with love and fun. Pop open a bottle of champagne and drift off to the sounds of nature coming alive after sunset.
- Star rating: 5 stars.
- Romantic features: Fireplace, rainforest views and private deck.
- Why do we love it? As the name suggests, this home leaves little impact on its surroundings.
Where is it? Noosa Heads
Treat your special someone to a night or two away at Peppers in Noosa. Fitting out with its own View Restaurant, full spa treatments, pools and premium room touches, you have everything you need for the ultimate weekend in luxury.
- Star rating: 5 stars
- Romantic features: Full-service spa, outdoor swimming pools, steam room, and private balconies
- Why we love it? An all-in-one resort right in the heart of Noosa Heads
Where is it? Caloundra
From soaking up the sun poolside to unwinding in your personal in-room jacuzzi, Rumba Beach Resort has you sorted. Enjoy the whole package with an open muffin bar each morning, streaming services with unlimited on-demand movies for those nights in, late check-out at 12pm and a complimentary bottle of wine.
- Star rating: 5 stars
- Romantic features: Small breakfast in the morning, bottle of wine (for stays of 6+ nights), pool and jacuzzi in-room
- Why we love it? Pop open a bottle of bubbles as you start up the bubbles in your personal spa
Where is it? Mooloolaba
If it's a 5-star experience that you're after, you've found it. Nestled amongst the trees, take your pick between dining under the stars, relaxing in the spa/pool, lighting up the firepit or just enjoying a movie in the large open living room.
- Romantic features: Outdoor spa, bathtubs, waterviews, large bedroom suite, firepit and a privacy wall from surrounding trees
- Why we love it? Enjoy movie night from your 70s-style drop couch.
Where is it? Sunrise Beach
Feel a million miles away from home in this exquisitely designed home in Sunrise Beach. Featuring multiple lounge areas where you can relax with a good book or just take in the sun, this is the perfect summer holiday house for those looking to escape with their special someone.
- Romantic features: Cosy but spacious living spaces, outdoor pool and views from the master bedroom
- Why we love it? You're just a few moments away from the coastline
Where is it? Montville
Picture yourself waking up to a million dollar view of the hillside with your significant other. Spend your days cosied up by the fireplace or soaked in bubbles in your bathtub that overlooks the lush green landscapes.
- Romantic features: Hillside views, bathtub, outdoor patio to watch the sun go down, cosy living space and fireplace
- Why we love it? Cosy cottages don't get better than this in the winter.
Where is it? Cooroy
Escape to the countryside, where you and your loved one will be met with blooming valleys and sunrise views to boot. Enjoy breakfast on your patio as you look out to 100 acres of glorious hinterland.
- Romantic features: Hinterland views, large patio to lounge on, cosy living spaces and privacy
- Why we love it? A true escape escape from the hustle and bustle of the city
How did we pick these hotels?Our editorial team selected the Sunshine Coast hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Where should couples stay for romantic Sunshine Coast getaways?
These are our favourite recommendations when it comes to staying on the Sunshine Coast:
- Mooloolaba: For a trip with everything in one place, you can't look past Mooloolaba. The beach boasts calm waters and you'll have a selection of restaurants and shops to browse post-swim.
- Noosa: This seaside town is a short half an hour drive from the Sunshine Coast but is ideal if you want to check out the Noosa National Park, the Main Beach or the Eumundi Markets.
- Marcoola: If you want to surf the waves, then Marcoola Beach should be your go-to. Not only are the waters optimal for surfing, but the long stretch of coastline means crowding is uncommon.
- Coolum: Situated just north of the Sunshine Coast city centre, the sights include Point Perry, Emu Mountain and Coolum Beach. This seaside town has everything you need for a week-long getaway.
- Buddina: This is your go-to if you want to be right in the heart of the Sunshine Coast and want to bring the pets. You'll have the beach on your doorstep and access to the dog-friendly areas of the shore. We also recommend checking out Point Cartwright Lighthouse.
Latest Sunshine Coast deals
More guides on Finder
7 swimwear brands to shop if you have big boobs
Affordable and stylish swimwear brands to shop if you have DD+ cup size.
Monarto Safari Park review
If you're looking for a good Adelaide day trip, the Monarto Safari Park is the biggest of its kind outside of Africa. But is it any good?
The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
A tax return isn't the only thing you have to look forward to this end of financial year.
Logitech Combo Touch for iPad Pro 11-inch: Turns your iPad Pro into a Surface
If you've ever wanted to merge the worlds of the iPad Pro and the Microsoft Surface, Logitech has just the keyboard case for you.
5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
Get a bonus from your vaccination and save money on your next international holiday.
Best dual SIM phones
If you’re looking to run multiple phone numbers from just one handset, we’ve got the best picks for every price bracket and need.
13 best pet-friendly accommodation options on the Gold Coast
A list of pet-friendly accommodation on the Gold Coast, so you can take your fur-baby travelling with you.
Best zombie board games in Australia
From the best one for families to the top model for role playing, these are the six best zombie board games you can purchase right now in Australia.
Best fountain pens in Australia
From the best fountain pen for beginners to the top high-end model, these are the seven best fountain pens you can buy in Australia right now.
Best cheap alcohol in Australia
We’ve found the 13 best cheap alcohol products you can purchase right now in Australia.
Ask an Expert