Up to 30% off Australia hotels + an extra 10% off with code
8 perfectly romantic getaways in Queensland hotels
Indulge in a getaway that’s perfect for two in these Queensland couples retreats.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
With a bounty of beaches stretching from the Gold Coast in the south to Port Douglas and beyond in the north, lush inland rainforests and countless island escapes, Queensland is made for holidays.
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday spot as a couple, we know a few places where the rooms are plush, the views are panoramic and the atmosphere is bliss.
qualia is one of the most luxurious and exclusive resorts on Hamilton Island. Choose to spend your days exploring Whitehaven Beach and the southern Great Barrier Reef and your nights retreating to your private villa.
- Star rating: 5 stars
- Romantic features: 60 light-filled pavilions, spa, unparalleled service and exclusive fine dining options.
- Why do we love it? It doesn't get better than qualia on Hamilton Island. Nestled away from the rest of the resorts, the venue is exclusive to guests and vistors and is adults-only.
While you won’t get a secluded beach holiday here, for couples that love a lively getaway, the Gold Coast is it. QT Gold Coast is a swanky stay with unrivalled coastal views and a touch of surfer chic.
- Star rating: 5-stars
- Romantic features: Jacuzzi, outdoor tennis courts, Turkish steam bath, on-site fine dining and designer spa.
- Why do we love it? QT has it's own sense of style. It's decor is edge yet modern and its dining options are opulant and unique. At QT Gold Coast is Bazaar, a food market style restaurant that caters to all tastes.
Hide deep in the rainforest of the tropical north where all you have to worry about is whether to unwind in a pool or in a private hammock on your room’s terrace. That's what Silky Oaks can offer you... and so much more.
- Star rating: 4-stars
- Romantic features: Hair salon, BBQ picnic area, golf course, secluded treehouse rooms, morning yoga classes, guided rainforest walks
- Why do we love it? Treehouse retreats like Silks Oak Lodge are an absolute dream. Sleeping there amongst the trees, they make your feel lost in your own world. Then, let's not forget outdoor balcony and tubs that most of Silk Oaks' retreats and suites feature.
Just inland from the busy beaches families flock to, you’ll find a quieter setting filled with rainforests, waterfalls and the unique Glass House Mountains. It’s a perfect place to rent a car and get yourselves lost.
- Star rating: 4-stars
- Romantic features: Six crafted pavilions, spa baths, saltwater pool and massage services.
- Why do we love it? Coastline and hinterland views from your balcony and the famous Great Walk at your doorstep are what you've come to Narrows for. Along the walk you can wonder at waterfalls and dive into secluded swimming holes over long and short walks. Perfect for the active and adventurous couple.
Surrounded by turquoise waters hiding the Great Barrier Reef beneath its surface, Heron Island is a world away from your everyday life. The one island resort offers beach cottages and lush suites of total privacy and afternoon canapes delivered straight to your room daily.
- Star rating: 3-stars
- Romantic features: Direct beach access and sea views from select rooms, lush tropical garden surroundings, in-house spa and spacious, airy living spaces.
- Why do we love it? Located on the edge of Heron Island, this resort is positioned where the ocean meets the sea giving you the best of both worlds. As a bonus, the resort offers a wealth of free walks and talks including a sea turtle walk where you can meet these fascinating creatures on the beach and a star gazing experience.
If tropical beaches and posh resorts are your thing, then so is Pullman Port Douglas. When you’re looking to explore, take on a daytrip to the Great Barrier Reef or book in a sunset sail on the Coral Sea.
- Star rating: 5-stars
- Romantic features: Three bedroom villas, one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere, spa and in-house fine dining.
- Why do we love it? Did we not mention you'll find one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere here? All rooms are located around the pool and come bathed in sunshine from their private balconies. Go big and book a swim-out apartment to walk straight into the lagoon or be a little more subtle with your own pool and outdoor space by booking a plunge pool apartment.
Hayman Island is home to the ultra-luxe InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. It was previously owned by One&Only which you can find on best hotel lists by Condé Nast and Luxury Traveller. It's like heaven on earth and is catered for couples as well as families with a wide range of pools and friendly family facilities such as babysitting services and a kids' playground.
- Star rating: 5-stars
- Romantic features: State-of-the-art fitness centre, direct access to the Great Barrier Reef, poolside dining, sun deck, five dining experiences and babysitting services.
- Why do we love it? The resort is the only accommodation on the 726 acre isle and is perfect for those seeking seclusion or easy access to the Great Barrier Reef without giving up a luxury resort stay.
With gentle seas and a tropical island sitting just offshore, Mission Beach is made for long, romantic walks on a quiet beach. Castaways finds its home in this laidback area with its relaxed atmosphere and luxurious extras.
- Star rating: 4-stars
- Romantic features: Beachfront positioning, on-site spa, private villas, private balconies, views of the Coral Sea and Dunk Island, rainforest lagoon pool and lush rainforest surroundings.
- Why do we love it? It's beachfront positioning means every room gets their view of the ocean. Plus, at Castaways guests have direct access to that 14km stretch of sand. What a treat.
How did we pick these Queensland stays?Our editorial team selected these Queensland stays on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences in Queensland to make recommendations.
Where should I stay in Queensland for a romantic escape?
From the coast to the forest there are more than a few romantic spots to snuggle up to your better half with in Queensland. Here's some of the most romantic spots in the state:
- Hamilton Island: The largest occupied island in the Whitsundays has been likened to heaven. The beaches are dreamy, the accommodation is a mix of family-friendly resorts, adults-only hotels and bungalows and the pace is slow and relaxing. There's sunshine in spades and the beauty of the Whitsundays, including Whitehaven Beach, are only a short boat ride away.
- Whitsundays: South of the Great Barrier Reef are the Whitsundays. These 74 islands are blessed with powder white sands, colourful corals, lush forest and sunshine. Popular islands to stay at include Hamilton Island as well as Hayman Island, Daydream Island and Long Island.
- Gold Coast: Looking for family and budget friendly? The Gold Coast is the real deal. You'll find a wide variety of accommodation options to suit and the beach is never far. There's also stacks of activities to keep you busy such as theme parks, on-the-water adventures, shopping and nightlife.
- The Daintree: Dive deep enough into the Daintree and you'll find lsecluded spots perfect for two. The resorts here are ridiculously luxurious, often riddled with outdoor baths, in-house spa treatments and balconies overlooking the forest.
- Sunshine Coast Hinterland: A little more rugged than a stay in the Daintree, the Sunshine Coast Hinterland is easier on the wallet and gives adventure seekers the opportunity to explore the parks that surround.
- Heron Island: Found at the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef, Heron Island is for animal lovers and is a protected area best known for its green sea turtles and seabirds.
- Port Douglas: Often used as a jumping off point to the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas is a budget-friendly location for those seeking water views but without the island resort prices.
- Mission Beach: Less frequented by tourists than other hotspots like Cairns and Port Douglas, Mission Beach is for when you want to get away from it all but not sacrifice on sun and surf. It's here you'll discover quiet swimming holes and beaches coupled with a laid-back vibe that'll see you kiss your cares goodbye.
Search for more romantic rooms in Queensland
Today's Queensland hotel deals
More guides on Finder
13 best pet-friendly accommodation options on the Gold Coast
A list of pet-friendly accommodation on the Gold Coast, so you can take your fur-baby travelling with you.
Canberra road trip itineraries
You’ll have the car packed up in no time with these Canberra road trip must-sees.
Best Melbourne hotels with parking
These are the hotels in Melbourne CBD that have on-site parking.
Top Melbourne hotels with spa bath in room
Discover the Melbourne hotels that come fully equipped with your own private spa bath.
Townsville hotels | Where to stay at the Great Barrier Reef gateway
Compare Townsville hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Click Frenzy™ travel: The 10 best deals
This year the deals are coming back in a big way with offers including domestic and international travel.
Melbourne hotels with pools you’ll never want to leave
We've picked out the best Melbourne hotels with pools for value, luxury, views and location.
Take a sneak peek at Click Frenzy’s™ local travel deals 2021
Here's a small look into the hundreds of deals dropping at 7pm on 20 April 2021.
Best Sydney hotels with balconies
These are the hotels that come with balconies in Sydney.
Perth hotels with spas in the room
Find out where you can enjoy your own spa bath with these Perth hotels.
Ask an Expert