Up to 30% off Australia hotels + an extra 10% off with code
5 romantic getaways in Canberra to check into in 2021
Love blooms at these romantic hotels and resorts in and around Canberra.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Nothing says romance like a cheeky getaway. And when you don't want to venture far, a staycation can do the trick.
These stays give you that perfect excuse to pamper yourselves, spend time alone and break from the ordinary.
Our top romantic getaways in and around Canberra
Point your compass north and you'll soon be in the thick of Canberra's wine region. Boasting world-class tipples and artisan produce, this is one indulgent destination.
Abode Murrumbateman is centrally located among the wineries and offers 50 spacious studios. You can spend your days walking from winery to winery, but with Abode's complimentary bikes, it's much more romantic to cycle between them.
- Star rating: 4-stars
- Romantic features: Guest lounge, continental breakfast daily and access to Abode bikes and the Abode Pantry.
- Why do we love it? Book a package and you can add bike hire, a complimentary picnic blanket, late check out and pantry voucher to your stay. For that winery picnic, naturally.
Prepare to feel like royalty when you're dropped off at the Hyatt Hotel. Located on the waterfront, inside it's all wooden trimmings and a style reminiscent of the Roaring Twenties.
During the day you can stroll its immaculate gardens or the park and waterfront on your doorstep. By night, dress like Gatsby as you knock a few back at the bar.
- Star rating: 5 stars
- Romantic features: In-house restaurant, indoor swimming pool, spa, sauna, tea lounge, tennis court and marble bathrooms.
- Why do we love it? Splurge and book a club room or suite to be pampered with garden views, marble bathrooms with deep tubs and access to the Ambassador Lounge.
Wake up to the sights and sounds of Africa without having to leave the state by making your romantic escape at Jamala Wildlife Lodge.
This unique stay is inside the National Zoo and Aquarium and offers themed rooms with four poster beds that'll truly transport you across the ocean.
- Star rating: 5 stars
- Romantic features: Unique experiences available in each room. For example, the giraffe treehouse gives you the opportunity to feed giraffes from your balcony. The uShaka Lodge lets you dine with lions (behind glass).
- Why do we love it? This is less a romantic hotel and more a romantic experience. On top of your room and animal encounters, guests are toured around the zoo and provided African-influenced meals.
Like its namesake, the Burbury hotel is all class. Its decor is stylish and modern, dripping with rich browns and blacks.
The building is split in two, with a hotel for visitors, and apartments for more long term guests and those who prefer to have kitchen and laundry facilities on hand. How will you treat yourself?
- Star rating: 4 stars
- Romantic features: In-house gym, day spa, hair salon, bike hire and top-of-the-range DOMA Arms of Morpheus mattresses.
- Why do we love it? Burberry is the place for a pamper. Book a time at Hale Spa and discover a sanctuary that features a cave-like spa pool, steam rooms, infrared sauna, and couple's suite with private garden and fireplace.
First opened in 1927, this cosy hotel has seen various renovations yet still upholds its homely feel. The staff are praised for their friendliness and the spacious rooms will impress.
Once you pry yourself away, head to the rooftop for the sunset views over Mount Ainslie.
- Star rating: 4 stars
- Romantic features: On-site dining, courtyard gardens, open fireplace and outdoor terrace.
- Why do we love it? The internal courtyards are dreamy giving you loads of privacy for romantic walks and picnics. They're popular with wedding ceremonies as well.
How did we pick these Canberra stays?Our editorial team selected these Canberra stays on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences in Canberra to make recommendations.
Where should I stay for a couples weekend in Canberra?
- Canberra CBD: Touring Canberra or planning to hit the city's museums or hike up Mount Ainslie? Book a room near Lake Burley Griffin and you'll be within a short walk or drive to all the city's highlights.
- Molonglo: West of the city, Molonglo is for those who want to leave the big smoke for nature. You can visit the National Zoo and Aquarium, the National Arboretum of Canberra and the Molonglo River Corridor Nature Reserve.
- Murrumbateman: Canberra's wine country is less than an hour out of the city. Head north to Murrumbateman and Yass for patchwork vineyards, award-winning wines and picnic grounds that you'll have practically all to yourself.
Still looking for the right room for your Canberra getaway? Browse for more here:
Latest Canberra deals:
More guides on Finder
$200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals
Get back to travelling overseas with Flight Centre's Stay and Save offer.
Australian spring fashion trends to try in 2021
If you're looking to update your spring wardrobe, keep these trends in mind.
Best Portfolio Trackers of 2021
Crypto portfolio trackers are a must to stay on top of your crypto investments. Here’s our list of the standout trackers to consider with pros and cons for each.
Blue Nile promo codes 2021
For eye-catching jewellery created to last the test of time, shop at Blue Nile. Unique, stunning and expertly crafted.
13 best pet-friendly accommodation options on the Gold Coast
A list of pet-friendly accommodation on the Gold Coast, so you can take your fur-baby travelling with you.
Canberra road trip itineraries
You’ll have the car packed up in no time with these Canberra road trip must-sees.
Top Melbourne hotels with spa bath in room
Discover the Melbourne hotels that come fully equipped with your own private spa bath.
Melbourne hotels with pools you’ll never want to leave
We've picked out the best Melbourne hotels with pools for value, luxury, views and location.
Best Sydney hotels with balconies
These are the hotels that come with balconies in Sydney.
Perth hotels with spas in the room
Find out where you can enjoy your own spa bath with these Perth hotels.
Ask an Expert