If you’re looking to gain control of your super and start saving for a secure retirement, Superstash could offer a helpful solution. Australia’s first dedicated self-managed super fund (SMSF) app, Superstash takes the hassle out of setting up and managing a SMSF. Your money can be invested in one of Superstash’s five diversified portfolios based on your financial goals, and you can quickly and conveniently manage your investments on the go through the user-friendly Superstash app.
How many portfolios does Superstash offer?
Superstash provides a choice of five diversified investment portfolios based on your appetite for risk and your financial goals. Once you’ve set up your Superstash SMSF account and rolled over any funds, you will be asked a range of questions about your investment goals so that Superstash can select the model portfolio that’s right for you.
Each portfolio offered by Superstash invests your money into a selection of ASX-listed shares, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and wholesale managed funds. The average portfolio has between 20 and 25 underlying investments, and as a trustee of your SMSF you legally own all investments held through Superstash.
What fees does Superstash charge?
Superstash charges two fees for its SMSF portfolio management services:
- An administration fee. This $990 fee is collected annually. There is also a $990 establishment fee, which also includes the first year’s administration fee through to June 30.
- An investment management fee. This fee is charged monthly and is calculated as 0.495% of your SMSF balance. This includes advice fees and the professional management of your SMSF investments.
What asset classes can I invest in?
Superstash’s five diversified investment portfolios feature a range of strategic asset allocations to suit your financial goals. Your SMSF balance is automatically invested into a range of growth and defensive asset classes, including:
- Australian equities. Your funds can be invested in equities listed on the ASX 50 index, with Superstash portfolios offering between 15 and 20 holdings.
- Listed property. Based on the ASX 50 index, Superstash’s portfolios offer between two and five listed property holdings.
- International. This asset class sees your SMSF balance invested in Australian domiciled ETFs (either hedged or unhedged). Superstash’s portfolios include stock ETFs that provide exposure to international developed and emerging markets.
- Fixed income. A portion of your SMSF balance could be invested in Australian domiciled ETFs (either hedged or unhedged).
- Cash. Investing in Australian cash offers a defensive investment strategy.
What are the benefits of using Superstash?
There are many reasons why it’s worth considering Superstash to help manage your SMSF retirement savings, including:
- Long-term strategy. Superstash’s investment strategy is based on long-term returns rather than speculative short-term investments. This offers a secure way to manage your super balance.
- Convenience. Thanks to Superstash’s easy-to-use app, available on Apple and Android devices, you can manage your super 24/7, whenever and wherever suits you.
- No hassle. Superstash updates your SMSF account daily and prepares all the necessary financial statements and tax information to help make it as easy as possible to manage your retirement savings.
- Your choice of investments. Superstash offers a choice of five model portfolios so you can select an investment strategy designed to suit your risk appetite and financial needs.
- Taking control. Superstash makes it simple and convenient for you to take control of your super and save for your retirement the way you want.
How do I get started with Superstash?
Signing up to manage your superannuation with Superstash is easy. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Set up your SMSF. This is easy to do by answering a few simple questions through the Superstash app, and Superstash will organise the trust deed, cash account (for making contributions) and registration with the ATO.
- Receive a SMSF Package. Superstash will then send you a SMSF Package which contains all the necessary forms to set up a cash account and investment account to help you manage your portfolio.
- Rollover funds. The next step is to roll over any funds from your existing super accounts into your Superstash account.
- Choose insurance. Superstash provides a range of insurance options for you to choose from.
- Review advice and choose a portfolio. You will need to answer some questions to help Superstash understand your risk tolerance and your retirement savings goals. Superstash will then suggest a model portfolio in line with your goals.
- Let Superstash go to work. Superstash will invest your money and automatically rebalance your portfolio when required.