River cruises in Perth
Discover Perth from the water with discounts and deals on all types of day cruises.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
With its picturesque coastline and network of waterways, Perth and the surrounding area are perfectly set up to explore by boat. Get out on the water to uncover the sights and wildlife on a Perth river cruise with a choice of sightseeing cruises, dinner cruises and party cruises.
You can book a range of organised cruises from Perth and Fremantle, or organise your own cruise experience for a corporate or special event. Cost varies according to length of the cruise and inclusions, but thanks to the range of Perth cruise companies around, there are also plenty of deals and discounts to be had.
Most popular river cruises from Perth
- Swan River sightseeing cruises
- Dinner cruises
- Lunch cruises
- Morning/Afternoon tea cruises
- Wine cruises
- Corporate cruises, functions and special events
- Party cruises
- Twilight cruises
- Day trips and combination tickets
Where can I book Perth river cruises?
You can book online or by phone directly with Perth sightseeing cruise providers or online through sites like Viator let you book activities on their website from multiple tour and cruise providers. Discount sites like Groupon also let you buy discounted experiences as a voucher for yourself or a gift voucher which the recipient can then use to book a specific date.
Below is a selection of booking sites which offer the most variety of Perth cruises and an idea of pricing:
|Cruise company & adult price from||Lunch cruise (from||Dinner cruise||Morning Tea||Combination||Fremantle||Wine/beer tour||Twilight Cruise|
|Captain Cook Cruises||$73||$95||$30||$149||$35|
|Little Ferry Co||$139||$30||$39|
What you can do on a Perth river cruise
- Wine cruise. Kill two birds with one stone and combine a cruise down the scenic Swan River with winery visits and tastings in Swan Valley. Morning and afternoon refreshments are provided on board along with wine tastings, and you’ll visit at least one winery with a tour, tastings and lunch included in the price.
- Fremantle cruise. Fremantle or ‘Freo’ to the locals, is in fact starting to compete with Perth as Western Australia’s favourite destination city. There are many ways to visit, including a lunch cruise along the Swan River from Perth, a cruise with commentary on the scenery and attractions, or simple ferry transfers.
- Perth Zoo. Take a ferry to the suburb of South Perth where Perth Zoo is located, or alternatively choose a combination sightseeing package with a separate Swan River sightseeing cruise. Tickets to enter the zoo cost $31 per adult or $15 per child (aged 4-15). Perth Zoo is home to all of the Australian wildlife you can imagine including dingoes, bilbies, emus, kangaroos, koalas, quokkas, cassowaries and crocodiles.
- Perth Twilight cruises. A popular activity for seeing the sights and city lights of Perth as the sun goes down. Dinner is often included in the price, and bar facilities are on-board.
Perth dinner cruises
Cruise down the Swan River and take in the city lights on a Perth dinner cruise. Cruises with buffet meals are cheapest, or you can pay more for “a la carte” dining on board. Dinner cruises from Perth last around three hours with an on-board bar and entertainment included. Perth lunch cruises down the Swan River are also a great way to combine sightseeing. Little Ferry Co also arranges breakfast and morning tea cruises.
Where do sightseeing cruises leave from?
Most Perth day and river cruises depart from Barrack Square in Perth, or from Fremantle, unless otherwise specified. The majority of river cruise boats have bar facilities, viewing decks, and refreshments are usually included, or available from the bar. You’ll normally get reduced ticket prices for children and concessions.
More guides on Finder
Canberra road trip itineraries
You’ll have the car packed up in no time with these Canberra road trip must-sees.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
Holiday homes in Perth
Discover your home away from home in the centre of the city or along the beach in Perth.
Family getaways in Victoria for memories that’ll last a lifetime
From coastal tracks to national parks, river cruises to white water rafting, Victoria has it all, so why not make your next family holiday a local one?
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2021
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Best places to visit in Western Australia
Your next trip to the western state is sorted with our complete what-to-do guide.
Best places to visit in South Australia
Discover tourist hotspots like Adelaide and Kangaroo Valley and best kept secrets such as the Yorke Peninsula and Mount Gambier on your next trip around South Australia.
Where to go in Adelaide
Venture through Adelaide’s city streets and beyond with this guide to help you find exactly what you’re looking for in and around this must-visit city.
Ask an Expert