Rex Airlines is back with new Adelaide and Gold Coast fares from $69
Get more bang for your full-service buck from 1 March 2021.
It recently dominated the skies with $49 Sydney-Melbourne fares, now Rex is back with more major city savings.
From just $69 a pop, you can fly from Sydney to the Gold Coast or Melbourne to Adelaide. The Melbourne-Gold Coast route trails closely behind starting from $79 one way.
When can you take off? The travel dates begin from 29 March 2021, though keep in mind that specific dates may apply.
If you're ready to book your share of the savings simply head over to KAYAK.
Flights are set to depart twice daily.
- Melbourne to the Gold Coast begins 29 March
- Melbourne to Adelaide begins 31 March
- Sydney to the Gold Coast begins 1 April
These seats don't have a specific end date, so it's first in, best dressed. Fares go on sale from 9am, 1 March 2021.
It seems Rex is also giving Jetstar a run for its money. Looking to fly from Melbourne to the Gold Coast? Take off from $79 with Rex, only $10 more than Jetstar's $69 fares in its current Weekend Fare Frenzy. Considering that you get all the perks of a full-service flight, we'd say that's a red-hot offer.
Known as the country's regional service airline, Rex has now begun to weave a web of low fares to some of our major capitals, joining the likes of Qantas and Virgin Australia with low cost, full-service flights.
There has been word of Brisbane being added to the network in early April, but we are yet to see any confirmation. It's safe to say that Rex is the one to watch in 2021.
Rex deputy chairman John Sharp said, "Today, I am pleased to announce that these two States [South Australia and Queensland] will, for the first time, be able to enjoy the same benefits for their domestic services."
How good are these fares?
- Flexibility: Great. Due to the global health pandemic, Rex is offering a COVID Refund Guarantee. This offers customers a full refund if their plans are impacted by COVID-19. This guarantee also includes border closures.
- Airline: Great. Rex Airlines is one of Australia's full-service carriers. Enjoy 23kg of checked baggage, a light meal and a 7kg carry-on included in your airfares.
- Frequent flyer points: Great. Earn 2 flights for every 18 you take with the Rex Airlines loyalty program. A 2-year membership is a mere $99 a pop.
- Travel time: Great. It has direct flights across the new network routes, so you can holiday sooner.
- Weather: Good. Heading to the Gold Coast in April sees you making the most of those comfortable Queensland temperatures. We recommend climbing aboard after the Easter holidays as you can expect fewer crowds and less rainfall.