We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If your business is starting to return to normal after lockdown, you'll have likely introduced new policies to keep your employees safe. When your workers return, they'll need to be fully aware of these new standards and comply with new policies.
Find out how you can use a return to work notice template, including where to find free legal templates online.
What's in this guide?
- What's a return to work notice with a vaccine requirement?
- When should I create this type of notice?
- What does a return to work notice include and not include?
- How effective is this type of notice?
- Do I need to engage a lawyer?
- Get access to customisable return to work notice templates online
- How do I write a return to work notice?
- Where to get free legal documents and templates online
What's a return to work notice with a vaccine requirement?
A return to work notice with a vaccine requirement is basically a modified version of a standard return to work notice. This notice will include a stipulation that employees need a flu vaccine or, when available, a COVID-19 vaccine.
A business can also use this document to include any new office rules that keep your business compliant with COVID-19 regulations.
Download this template at Lawpath
When should I create this type of notice?
You can create this type of notice if any of the following apply to your business:
- You're reopening your business after a lockdown
- You need to tell staff about changes to sanitisation and any mandatory vaccination policies
- You need to ask employees to return to office after the temporary suspension of the business or closure of your workplace.
What does a return to work notice include and not include?
Return to work notices can be straightforward documents that also include any policies regarding the reopening of the business, along with any vaccine requirements.
- Address of the enterprise that is resuming operations after the lockdown
- Name and address of the employee
- Date when employees are required to return
- Conditions of return, including the names of mandatory vaccines
- Other precautions employer is taking to keep their staff safe
- List of reasons when the business can waive off vaccine requirements for the staff
- Date when the employee needs to provide proof of their vaccination.
The notice does not include any other personal details of the employee or the employer such as their date of birth or their Employee ID.
How effective is this type of notice?
The notice will do the job by telling employees that can return to work and the new health requirements of working in the business. The document conditions have to be followed by employees as they relate to safety in the business.
A return to work notice can also protect your business down the track as you have evidence of what you requested from your employees.
Do I need to engage a lawyer?
You don't strictly need a lawyer to write one of these notices, but enlisting legal help can bring added peace of mind. Return to work notices can be page-long letters that can be sent out to all of your employees in an email.
If you're unsure of the structure or what to include, you can use a template that's easy to access online.
Get access to customisable return to work notice templates online
Does your company belong in this list?
How do I write a return to work notice?
Return to work notices must include all the new policies and steps your business is taking to ensure a safe workplace. It should also include the steps the employees have to take under any new regulations. The notice should be a clear and concise document that lays out the new requirements in easy-to-understand language.
Where to get free legal documents and templates online
You're able to get an online template to use from an online legal platform such as LawPath. You can customise and download your return to work notice for free by signing up online.Back to top
Ask an Expert