Return flights to China for under $300 on a 5-star airline
Hainan Airlines brings blowout prices for flights to nine destinations in China.
Did you ever think you could get to China for under $300... and back again?
Hainan Airlines, traditionally known more for high quality than low prices, has made it so.
Destinations including Xi'an, Beijing, Shanghai, Changsha, Huangzhou, Guangzhou and Nanjing are all on sale flying Hainan Airlines with price tags from Sydney and Melbourne for less than $300 return.
Here's a breakdown of the prices we've found:
- Sydney to Xi'an from $265 return for travel in May to August. Prices from Melbourne start from $279 return.
- Melbourne to Beijing from $276 return for travel in April to June. Prices from Sydney start from $287 return.
- Melbourne to Changsha from $279 return for travel in June. Prices from Sydney start from $292 return.
- Melbourne to Shenzhen from $283 return for travel in April to May. Prices from Sydney start from $392 return.
- Melbourne to Shanghai from $285 return for travel in May. Prices from Sydney start from $298 return.
- Sydney to Hangzhou from $297 return for travel in August.
- Melbourne to Jinan from $298 return for travel in October.
- Melbourne to Guangzhou from $299 return for travel in April and May. Prices from Sydney start from $310 return.
- Melbourne to Nanjing from $299 return for travel in May to June. Prices from Sydney start $311 return.
These fares are not part of any particular sale and are available until sold out.
Shenzhen vs Hong Kong
Our hit pick on this list is Shenzhen (pictured). The toughest decision here might be whether you want to spend more time in Shenzhen or Hong Kong. Both are dynamic spots known for their thriving nightlife, and both have a rich history that's hard to match.
In the end, the question might be whether you're more into traditional colour, crafts and local history (Shenzhen) or favour a more glamorous trip to a renowned shopper's paradise with a distinct British influence (Hong Kong). Or you could just do both.
The spots are practically side by side, and both are known as must-sees on the China travel path, with plenty of travel options for getting between the two. Check for more travel deals to help you on your way, and it might make the decision a bit easier.
- Virgin Australia sale slashes Perth fares in half
- Qantas flight sale: Take off across Australia from $99
- Jetstar’s EOFY sale has landed: Catch flights from $29 a pop
- Click Frenzy™ Travel early flight sales drop: 10% off Qatar Airways and Air New Zealand
- Virgin sale: Take off to Bali, Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu and Queenstown from $399 return