Resi Smart Pro Home Loan
The Resi Smart Pro Home Loan is an innovative way to pay less when you need to borrow more
The Smart Pro Home Loan offers an intelligent way to finance a home. Instead of a ‘one size fits all’ variable rate, it is customised to the amount you need to borrow and the amount of money you are putting towards the down payment.
This product is no longer on the market
This product is no longer available. Information on this page is not up to date and may not reflect accurate product information. You can find Resi's current mortgage offers here.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
This is a full doc loan that is available for qualifying owner-occupants and investors in residential property. What makes it stand out it is the way in which the variable interest rate is structured into tiers, allowing those with a higher principal amount and lower LVR to pay a lower interest rate.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Resi Smart Pro Home Loan?
Interest rates are important when comparing home loans, but there are also other features you may want to consider. Compare these with other lenders' home loans before you make a final decision:
- Loan to Value Ratio (LVR). The maximum amount you can borrow is 95% of the value of the secured property. Keep in mind that borrowing more than 80% of the property's value will attract Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI).
- Repayment flexibility. You can set up your home loan to make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You may also make additional repayments when possible, which can help pay your home loan off sooner and save you in interest.
- Repayment types. You may make interest-only repayments for a period of up to ten years. Keep in mind that while this reduces your repayments, you are making no headway on bringing down the principal amount of your home loan.
- Redraw. Any extra repayments made can be redrawn when you need them.
- Loan amount. Resi will allow you to borrow anywhere between $200,000 and $2,000,000, yet keep in mind that this loan is most beneficial to those borrowing over $500,000 due to the reduced interest rates.
- Loan purpose. You may use the loan to purchase or refinance a home or to buy residential property as an investment. It can also be used to consolidate your other debts.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Establishment fee. You are not charged anything from Resi for the establishment of this home loan.
- Ongoing fees. There is a monthly service fee but only for loans under $250,000.
- Redraw fee. You are not going to be charged for taking advantage of your redraw facility.
- Valuation fee. This $264 (waived for loans over $250K) fee is waived for loans over $250,000.
- Discharge fee. At the time that the loan is discharged you will be asked to pay $295.
- Legal fee. $385 is charged to you by Resi for the legal fees associated with the execution of a home loan.
How to apply
How to apply for the Resi Smart Pro Home Loan
You can easily apply for the Smart Pro Home Loan online if you are able to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Documentation. This is a full doc loan that is not suitable for individuals that do not have a detailed financial record.
- Personal information. Your legal name, date of birth, address and most recent contact information will be asked. For identification verification purposes you will also need to provide your valid driver's license number.
- Income. Have a complete list of your before and after tax income. Don't forget to include any other regular income you receive, such as from investments or rent.
- Assets. Assets are any valuable items that you own. This can include property, automobiles, savings and investment accounts.
- Liabilities. When calculating your liabilities be sure that you include any and all open loans, credit card debts and overdraft accounts. Not only should you know your estimated monthly repayments, but also the balances and available credit.
Click 'Go to Site' to be redirected to the application page if you can meet these requirements. You will need to provide the following information while filling out an application:
While the Resi home loan application is straightforward and designed to take only 15 minutes to complete, they do offer you expert assistance from a loan officer if necessary.
With a loan that is structured in this way, you will need to have a clear idea of how much you are planning on borrowing and how much your down payment is going to be. This will give you an accurate idea of your interest rate so that you can compare it against loans that are offered by other lenders.