Remit2India review: Send money to India
Remit2India offers instant transfers from Australia to India with zero fees.
Remit2India is an online money transfer service that is solely focussed on facilitating transfers to India. The service takes care of all the hassles associated with international transactions and currency conversions for you. Servicing one of the fastest-growing foreign-population groups in Australia, Remit2India facilitates transfers to any bank in India. Customers have a choice of transfer options and can track money all the way to the destination account.
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Product Name||Remit2India International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||AUD 50|
|Max. Transfer Amount||AUD 25,000|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Bank Account to Bank Account|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AUD, INR|
|Online Transfer Fee||INR 0|
Remit2India exchange rates
Remit2India offers two types of exchange rates; guaranteed exchange rate and indicative exchange rate.
- Guaranteed exchange rate: This allows you to lock in an exchange rate for your transfer, so you know the rate you are quoted is the rate you’ll receive even if the market rates fluctuate. This is a good option to use if you need to transfer an exact amount into Indian Rupees, for example rental payments.
- Indicative exchange rate: This is an indicative rate based on the current market rates, and can give you an idea of the rate you’ll receive for your transfer. However, because it’s indicative only, when your transaction takes place the rate you receive may be slightly higher or lower depending on how much the market rate has moved.
Example exchange rates
|AUD$1 =||AUD$1000 =|
|Mid-market rate||50.78 Indian Rupee||50,780.49 Indian Rupee|
|Remit2India rate||50.39 Indian Rupee||50,390.00 Indian Rupee|
*Rates correct as at 17 July 2018 at 1:00pm AEST
As you can see with the rates above, Remit2India does apply a slight margin on top of the mid-market rate in order to make a profit. However, this margin is less than the margins charged by most banks and some other money transfer services.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Remit2India?
Remit2India does not charge transaction fees when you send money to India. Instead, it makes money by applying a margin to the mid-market exchange rate, as you can see in the section above.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Your transfer must be a minimum of AUD$50, and a maximum of AUD$25,000. Customers can contact Remit2India directly if they’d like to send more than the maximum transfer amount.
Remit2India facilitates transfers from 24 countries to India:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
What types of transfers can you carry out with Remit2India?
Sending options for Australian customers include wire transfers and NetBanking transfers.
- Wire transfer. This allows you to send money to your recipient in India from your existing bank account. This can be done from any bank account in Australia, and typically takes one to two days to reach your recipient. The wire transfer is treated as a local transaction for Australians, which means that customers avoid paying high international transfer fees. The money is sent to Remit2India’s account, who then passes the transfer to the recipient.
- NetBanking. This option allows you to instantly transfer money to India. Transfers are facilitated from the internet-banking service on Remit2India, not through your local bank. It’s safe and quick; the money leaves Remit2India's account and reaches the destination account almost instantly. The entire process is online.
What are the pros and cons of using Remit2India?
- Instant transfers available
- Pay no transfer fees
- Monitor your transfer via Remit2India’s Status Tracker
- Send money from your existing bank account, or via Remit2India's online banking option
- The whole process is cashless and everything is managed and finalised online.
- Remit2India’s customer-support system is available 24/7
- The Remit2india service is only available to non-resident Indians (NRIs) and people of Indian origin.
- Customers can only send money to India, no other countries are available
- Cannot send more than AUD$25,000
The registration and transfer process
You can get started with Remit2India by creating an account online in minutes.
- Sign-up. Click 'Go to site' and complete the application form. You'll need to provide your basic contact details, date of birth and verify your identity and create a username and password.
- Select how to send money. Select to send money via a wire transfer or NetBanking. You can also choose between a guaranteed exchange rate or an indicative rate, depending on when you need to send the money.
- Supply recipient's details. Submit the details for your recipient including name and bank account details. Remit2India will take care of the transfer.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
Send money overseas in 30+ currencies with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
$0 transfer fees for Finder customers.
No-maximum limit transfers with competitive exchange rates for 100+ currencies. No transfer fee over AUD$10,000.