Choose bank deposit, cash pickup or door-to-door transfers when you want to send money to the Philippines.
- Wide range of transfer methods
- Transfer apps available
- Bank-beating exchange rates
- Customer service
Not so great for
- Sending money anywhere other than the Philippines
- Transfer fees
Learn more about:
Remit To The Philippines exchange rates and fees
Remit To The Philippines offers competitive exchange rates that will typically beat the rates on offer from major Australian banks. However, there is a margin between the rate at which Remit To The Philippines sells currency and the mid-market rate – the rate you see listed on Google and Reuters that reflects the true value of two currencies relative to each other.
A flat transaction fee also applies when you send money with Remit To The Philippines, but fees vary depending on the transfer method you choose. Bank transfers are slightly cheaper than cash pickup or door-to-door transfers.
Remit To The Philippines specialises in sending money from Australia to the Philippines and does not provide services to any other markets.
What types of transfers can you make with Remit To The Philippines?
Remit To The Philippines offers multiple transfer options:
- Bank account transfers. Bank-to-bank transfers allow you to send money from your bank account to your recipient's bank account in the Philippines. There is no limit to the amount you can send per transaction, and you can also use this service to pay bills in the Philippines.
- Door-to-door transfers. The door-to-door cash delivery service allows you to send an online transfer and then have the funds delivered to your recipient's home anywhere in the Philippines. Transfer limits apply.
- Cash pickup transfers. This option allows you to send an online transfer, which your recipient can then collect from one of the company's more than 4,000 remittance partner locations nationwide. Transfer limits vary depending on the cash pickup outlet you select.
How long does a transfer with Remit To The Philippines take?
Processing times vary depending on the transfer type you select:
- Bank account transfers. If you transfer funds to a Philippine account with BDO, the funds can be transferred within three hours. For other Philippine banks, it may take between one and three days for funds to clear.
- Door-to-door transfers.
- Cash pickup transfers. Cash pickup transactions take one business day to process, but your recipient may be able to collect the funds you send within three hours in some cases.
What payment methods does Remit To The Philippines accept?
You can make payments to Remit To The Philippines directly from your bank account using POLi Payments.
Is Remit To The Philippines safe to use?
- Security and regulation. Regulated in Australia by ASIC and AUSTRAC
- Established. 2012
- Customer support. Available seven days a week
Remit To The Philippines is an Australian registered company regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). It is also registered as a remittance company with the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) and is AUSTRAC compliant.
How does Remit To The Philippines make money?
Remit To The Philippines makes money in two ways:
- Exchange rate margin. The margin is the difference between the mid-market rate (the rate at which banks and transfer services buy and sell currency from one another) and the rate Remit To The Philippines offers. For example, at the time of writing (February 2019), the mid-market AUD/PHP rate was AUD$1 = PHP37.92, while Remit To The Philippines was offering AUD$1 = PHP37.55.
- Transaction fees. A flat fee applies to all transfers, but the amount varies depending on the transfer method you select.
How to register an account
How do I make an international money transfer with Remit To The Philippines?
You can send money to the Philippines by completing the following steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Enter the details of your recipient or choose from a list of recipients you have sent money to previously. You'll also need to specify the type of transfer you want to send – bank deposit, door to door or cash pickup.
- Pay online using POLi Payments from your Australian bank account.
- Confirm your transaction details and send money to your recipient.
What is Remit To The Philippines?
Remit To The Philippines is an international money transfer service that specialises in remittances from Australia to the Philippines. Founded in 2012, this Filipino-owned service is operated entirely online and doesn't have any Australian stores. However, it does have an Australia-based customer service team and allows you to send funds to anywhere in the Philippines.
In a nutshell
- Competitive exchange rates. Compare Remit To The Philippines with the banks and other money transfer services to see how its rates stack up.
- Choice of transfer methods. From door-to-door transfers and cash pickups to bank account deposits, you can choose the transfer method that suits your needs.
- Transfer app. Remit To The Philippines has Apple and Android apps for extra convenience.
- Transfers from Australia to Philippines only. If you want to do something other than send money to the Philippines, you'll need to consider other money transfer services.
- Transfer fees apply. A flat fee applies to all transfers, and you'll need to consider this charge when calculating the total cost of your transaction.
How does Remit To The Philippines compare to other providers?
If you want to see how Remit To The Philippines stacks up against other money transfer services, use the table below to compare exchange rates, fees and transfer times for other services that send money to the Philippines.
The "Rate" and "Amount Received" displayed are indicative rates that have been supplied by each brand or gathered by Finder.
Exchange rates are volatile and change often. As a result, the exchange rate listed on Finder may vary to the actual exchange rate quoted for the brand. Please confirm the actual exchange rate and mention "Finder" before you commit to a brand.