Why you’ll want the Reformation x New Balance sneakers
Get a look at the collection proving just how fashionable sustainability can be.
Off the back of rising concerns about the state of our environment many fashion labels are now looking towards more sustainable product options. As a leader in sustainable fashion already, high-street label Reformation has now joined forces with athletic brand New Balance to create a line of quality sneakers that are every bit as eco-friendly as they are fashion-forward.
Arriving on 10 October on both the New Balance and Reformation sites, it looks like there will be five styles up for grabs. Each iteration is a reimagining of classic New Balance styles like the 574 and X90 silhouettes, only this time, the upper textiles, linings, laces and labels have all been made with post-consumer recycled polyester. The kicks also feature chrome-free suede, EVA foam and BLOOM algae and are printed with soy-based ink.
From the released images, we can see that a pair of 574s come in a cream upper with black detailing. The classic dad sneakers also feature a white midsole and white tonal laces. Three pairs of X90s meanwhile arrive in three colourways of pink and yellow, all pink and dusky pink, yellow and blue. A final design rounds out the line with a fresh white and cream upper and white laces.
View this post on Instagram
The collection marks both Reformation's first foray into sneakers and New Balance's first ever sustainability collaboration, making the line one to watch.
Already we've seen other sneaker brands such as Converse make the move to more sustainable materials, meaning that we are hopefully close to eco-friendly kicks becoming the norm.
See more images of the line below
Read more about sustainability
- Reusable homewares you need to reduce waste at home
- Sustainable beauty brands you need to know about
- The best reusable coffee cups for 2019
- Finder Beauty Fave: Naturally Serious Fruit-Tox Resurfacing Facial Remedy
- Finder Beauty Fave: SENSORI+ Detoxifying & Rejuvenating Sand Body Polish
- What you need to know about the Bondi Sands Pure range
- Why you need KVD Vegan Beauty’s Edge of Reality palette
- Finder Green Fave: ASUVI Natural Deodorant