Want to make purchases at Myer for less cash? Pay with CommBank Awards points today with your Commonwealth Bank Awards credit card
What can CommBank do that the other banks can’t? Give you the power to use your points instantly in-store to make purchases at Myer department stores. All you need to do is present your Commonwealth Bank credit card at the counter and ask to pay with points. This offer is only exclusive to Commonwealth Bank Awards credit card holders and available in every Myer store around the country. You can redeem Awards points on any merchandise purchased from clothes to shoes and appliances. You can also redeem points on Myer gift cards.
Use this guide to understand how it works and discover how you can get value from your points at Myer.
How it works
- Choose what you want to buy from any Myer department store.
- Ask to ‘pay with points’ at the checkout.
- Swipe your card using your points and earn points on your Myer one shopping card too. You can also pay a portion with your points, and the remaining with cash or EFTPOS.
What is the value of my Awards points?
The value of your Awards points could vary from product to product and how many points you can earn on your regular purchases will also depend on the earn rate of your credit card.
For example, if you have the Commonwealth Bank Awards American Express card, you need to spend approximately $11,600 to get a $100 Myer Gift card. Compared to the Myer Visa Card, where you need to spend $10,000 to get a $100 Myer Gift Card. So you need to consider whether the $1,600 difference is worth getting your rewards immediately. Myer Visa restricts you to only rewards only from Myer, whereas the CommBank Awards program provides you with a larger range such as frequent flyer points and gift card facilities.
You can compare some examples of how many points you'll need to redeem specific products below.
|Product||Recommended Retail Price||Awards Points||Equivalent in dollars|
Olga Berg Croc Print Clutch
Kitchenaid KSM150 Artisan Stand Mixer
As a general guide, for beauty and lifestyle purchases you need to spend approximately double the RRP to be able to claim 100 per cent of the product back. In this case, it may be more worthwhile to use your points on a homeware product to truly reap the benefits of the CommBank Myer Points System.
Keep in mind that the points system may vary item to item and beware of changing terms and conditions.
Things to consider about the Commonwealth Bank Myer Points Redemption System
- Myer’s Return Policy. All returns and exchanges are subject to Myer’s return policy, which means that you will need to be able to provide proof of purchase. This applies to all merchandise purchased with points from your Awards card.
- What you can’t redeem. You cannot redeem the points for cash, towards payment of Myer Visa card account, layby accounts and ‘Coles & Myer’ gift cards. Some food and Miele appliances may apply from time to time.
Commonwealth Bank and Myer have provided this unique opportunity for shoppers. Would you be willing to take advantage of this offer? Leave a comment as to whether or not you will be paying with points next time you shop at Myer.Back to top