Receive up to $750,000 in critical illness cover with Real Insurance
A serious illness can put enormous pressure on a family's way of life and their finances. The medical costs that can be incurred as a result of illness and the loss of income if the person is forced out of work can quickly result in a loss of hard-earned savings as you continue to support your family and cover existing financial obligations.
Serious Illness Cover from Real Insurance can provide a lump sum benefit in the event that the policy owner suffers one of the conditions specified in the product disclosure statement. Applicants have the flexibility to tailor their policy to include a range of additional benefits including Children's Insurance and Accidental Injury.
Benefits of Real Serious Illness Cover
The lump sum benefit provided from Real Serious Illness Cover can ensure you and your family does not experience any financial hardship if you are to suffer one of the trauma events listed in the policy. This benefit can be used to cover outstanding debts, everyday living expenses, taxes, school fees and any medical fees that may arise. With applicants able to take out between $50,000 and $750,000, it is important to make an assessment of your own situation and what would need to be covered in the event that you were forced out of work due to a serious illness.
Some of the key features of Real Insurance Serious Illness cover include:
- A lump sum benefit: When you make a successful claim with Real Insurance on your serious illness cover, you will receive a lump sum payout of your benefit amount. This means you can use the money however you wish, whether that’s to pay those immediate medical bills, cover your everyday living expenses, or to spend on yourself to aid your recovery.
|Age||Minimum and Maximum Benefit Amount|
|18-54||$50,000 - $750,000|
|55-59||$50,000 - $500,000|
- Your choice of benefit amount: You can choose the benefit amount of your serious illness insurance, to meet your budget needs now and your financial needs in case of an illness. This is because the higher the cover amount you choose, the higher your premiums. However, also remember your age will also be a determining factor in the amount of cover you can apply for.
- Cover for a range of serious illnesses: The Real Insurance Serious Illness Cover offers a benefit payout for heart attack, malignant cancer, stroke or coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Coverage around the world: You will be covered by Real Insurance for any eligible serious illnesses you suffer, no matter where you are at the time.
- Ongoing fixed benefit: Real Insurance won’t reduce the benefit amount you are eligible for over the life of your cover, even as you get older or your lifestyle and health change. Your cover is also guaranteed until you are 65 years old.
- Application in real time: You can apply for serious illness cover from Real Insurance over the phone in just a few minutes, because you don’t have to complete any forms or have a medical or blood test. All you need to do is provide your personal details and answer a few questions about your health and lifestyle.
- Protect the family: It may not be enough to just protect yourself against serious illness, because if your partner was affected, the family would likely still struggle. Therefore, Real Insurance allows you to add your partner to the policy too.
- Flexible payment options: You can choose to pay your premiums yearly, monthly or fortnightly, and there is no surcharge for the option.
- Easy claims system: If you do find you need to make a claim on your serious illness insurance, you’ll already be dealing with a lot. That is why Real Insurance have made their claims process so easy, by assigning you your own personal Claims Manager for a swift and smooth payment process.
- Real Rewards: Real Insurance also offers its unique Real Rewards program, which will give you 10% of your premiums back once you’ve held your policy for more than 12 months.
Additional cover to consider
Children's Insurance Option
Children's Insurance provides a benefit in the event that a policy owner's child suffers a listed event.
- Events covered: Accidental Death, Paralysis, Blindness, Deafness, Total and Permanent Loss of Use of Two Limbs, Encephalitis, Meningitis or Major Head Trauma.
- Benefit Amount: $20,000-$50,000
- Eligible: Children that are between 2 and 17 years of age and are Australian residents.
Accidental Serious Injury Option
Accidental Serious Injury option will provide a lump benefit in the event they suffer a specified injury within 12 months following an accident.
- Injuries covered: Accidental Serious Injury Option provides cover for Quadriplegia, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Blindness, Deafness
- Benefit: Applicants can apply for $50,000-$250,000.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be between 18-59 years of age and Australian residents.
Who can apply?
Real Serious Expense Cover is available to all people who are Australian residents and between the ages of 18 and 59. Because there is no medical examination or blood tests, your application will be guaranteed acceptance. Policies are guaranteed renewable till age of 65.
Real company background
Real Insurance is a member of the global Holland Group of insurance companies that are represented widely throughout Southeast Asia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia. The company services over six million policy holders overall.
It first appeared in Australia in 1999 and operates here under two industry licenses; the Australian Financial Services License provided to them by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investment Commission); and another provided by APRA (Australian Prudential Regulation Authority). Real Insurance itself was formed in 2005 to provide an insurance service that was 'real' is all aspects. It was to an insurance company that was different to those already operating in the country.
Real Insurance, right from the start, was going to be transparent, people had to see and understand exactly what they were being insured against and the policy document had to be laid out in plain simple English that was to be easily read and understood by everybody.