Save on life insurance from Real Insurance by using these discount codes, coupons and other promos.
Real Life Insurance provides insurance for all stages of life and protects you against a range of risks including death, serious illness and accidental injury. This guide looks at the policies on offer, Real Insurance discount codes and the pros and cons of insuring with Real Insurance.
Take advantage of this offer from Real Life Insurance
Apply for secure quotes online
What policies are available from Real Life Insurance?
Real Life Insurance offers three main types of cover: Family Life Insurance, Serious Illness Insurance and Accidental Death & Serious Injury Insurance.
- Family Life Cover – a lump sum benefit of your choice (up to $1 million) paid to your family upon your death or serious illness. Includes a $10,000 advance funeral benefit and free interim Accidental Death Cover for up to 30 days.
- Accidental Death & Serious Injury Cover – a quick cash payout to help you or your family with daily living expenses or rehabilitation expenses if you die or are seriously injured in an accident.
Real Life Insurance also offers a range of optional covers including:
- Children’s Insurance – a lump sum payment to cover costs such as medical expenses and school tuition if your child suffers a specified serious illness or injury or dies as a result of an accident.
- Serious Illness Insurance – up to $500,000 if you are diagnosed with a specified serious illness.
- Total & Permanent Disability Insurance – a lump sum payment if you become permanently disabled or can’t work because of illness or injury.
- Accidental Death Insurance – up to $500,000 on top of your life insurance if you die in an accident.
Who is Real Insurance underwritten by?
Real Insurance is the trading name of Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd who has partnered with Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd who is the insurer of Real Life Insurance. Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd, a private company which retails life insurance, income protection, funeral insurance and other products in Australia and New Zealand.
Pros and Cons of Real Life Insurance
There are many advantages to being with Real Life Insurance:
- They are underwritten by Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd ABN 37 062 395 484
- They offer a wide range of policies, with one to suit every situation
- You can apply over the phone, with no medicals required
- You can keep your cover for life
- No admin fees for fortnightly or monthly payments
- You can choose your level of cover
- They refund 10% of premiums paid in the first 12 months
- You are appointed your own personal specialist located in Australia
- Some pre-existing medical conditions are excluded
- With Serious Illness Insurance, a number of cancers are excluded from the definition of Malignant Cancer
How do I apply for Real Life Insurance?
Applying for Real Life Insurance is easy. After comparing the policies on offer and deciding the most appropriate for your circumstances, it is simply a matter of obtaining a quote on the Real Life Insurance website. It is recommended that you read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) carefully before purchasing your life insurance to see exactly what is and isn’t covered in the policy. You should also decide at the time which options you may want to include in your cover.
How do I make a claim with Real Life Insurance?
It’s just as easy to make a claim on your Real Life Insurance policy, with three simple steps to follow:
- Contact Real Life Insurance – either call the Claims Centre on 1300 307 297, or send an email to email@example.com to advise that you will be lodging a claim.
- Speak to a Real agent – you will be assigned a dedicated claims agent who will contact you and take you through the claims process.
- Complete the forms – fill out the forms provided by your claims agent and mail them, along with necessary documentation, to Real Insurance, PO Box 6728, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153.
And that’s it. Your claim will be assessed and once approved, will be paid without unnecessary delay.
Real Life Insurance F.A.Qs
Can I cancel my Real Life Insurance policy if I’m not happy with it?
If you cancel your policy within 30 days of cover commencing and you haven’t made a claim, Real Life Insurance will refund the full amount of any premiums you have paid. If you cancel your cover after 30 days, you won’t get anything back, unless you have chosen a yearly payment option, in which case you will be refunded the unused portion of your premium.