Razer Viper Ultimate review
Quick verdict: The Razer Viper Ultimate combines the best features of Razer's gaming mice into one compelling, albeit pricey, package.
- Fully ambidextrous
- Looks and feels as premium as it is
- Top-tier tracking performance
- Lightweight design minimises hand strain over long gaming sessions
- Ambidextrous shape isn't quite as comfortable as a dedicated left- or right-handed mouse
"Ultimate" is a buzz word that often carries very little meaning these days. It sounds impressive, but rarely does it actually reflect the capabilities of the product or service it's attached to.
The Razer Viper Ultimate is an exception to this rule. It really does combine all of the strongest aspects of Razer's mice into one compact, wireless package, delivering exceptional performance and a raft of premium features without compromise. The only downside is the hefty price you have to pay for it.
- Sleek and light while maintaining a premium look and feel
- Ambidextrous design combines comfort and control for both left- and right-handed gamers
- Symmetrical thumb buttons take some getting used to
- Optical switches are fast, reliable and satisfyingly clicky
- Focus+ sensor tracks flawlessly
- Superb wireless performance
- Speedflex cable minimises drag when using the mouse in wired mode
- RGB lighting is pleasantly subdued
- Ambidextrous design makes two of the eight programmable buttons impractical for general use
- Premium design and excellent performance
- But that's one steep price tag
Should you buy it?
The Razer Viper Ultimate is a fantastic gaming mouse that doesn't compromise on comfort or performance. Its wireless connectivity is flawless, and it has more than enough battery juice to keep you gaming through multiple marathon sessions.
But while its ambidextrous shape is welcoming to both left- and right-handed gamers, its price tag is a lot less accessible. You get what you pay for, and the Viper Ultimate's impeccable quality doesn't come cheap.