Razer Viper Mini review
Quick verdict: The Razer Viper Mini is a more accessible and affordable alternative to the popular Razer Viper that doesn't compromise on performance.
- Compact design is more accommodating to smaller hands
- Updated optical switches offer firmer feedback for a more mechanical feel
- Performance remains top-notch thanks to smart compromises
- Very attractive price
- May be too small for gamers with larger hands
- Fewer features than the full-sized Viper
Razer's position in the PC hardware space is strong, with many of its gaming mice among the best that money can buy. Until recently, however, there has been a notable blind spot in Razer's offerings: it didn't have anything to compete against the increasingly popular ultra-light gaming mice hitting the market.
To rectify this, Razer has released the Viper Mini, a leaner and more compact version of its ambidextrous Viper wired gaming mouse. Full of smart compromises, the Viper Mini delivers high-end performance in an accessible package that has a lot to offer PC gamers with smaller hands.
- Smaller and lighter without compromising on build quality
- More accessible for folks with smaller hands
- Retains ambidextrous design, though lefties miss out on thumb buttons
- Lightweight design confers a significant advantage in fast-paced games
- New optical switches offer firmer feedback while retaining responsiveness
- Sensor downgrade doesn't have any noticeable impact on tracking performance
- Six programmable buttons plus Hypershift support allows for plenty of customisation
- Speedflex cable enhances performance and dramatically reduces tangling
- RGB underglow is tasteful
- More accessible and affordable than many other gaming mice
- Maintains Razer's high quality standards with some smart compromises
Should you buy it?
The Razer Viper Mini is a fantastic gaming mouse that excels in its accessibility. Its light and compact design makes it especially attractive to gamers with smaller hands, while its affordable price tag gives it an edge over many of its competitors. Smart compromises mean it still delivers top-notch performance, making it an easy recommendation for anyone looking for a quality gaming mouse that won't break the bank.