Razer really pushed the market with the specifications of the original Razer Phone, but the Razer Phone 2 is more of an incremental upgrade than another revolution.
- Snapdragon 845
- Custom game optimisations
- Design doesn't stray far from the original Razer Phone
- Razer seems to be playing catch-up to other premium smartphones
Razer's second premium smartphone is coming, and while Razer has significant muscle in the gaming space, the Razer Phone 2 doesn't differ a whole lot from its predecessor.
Razer has a significant pedigree in the gaming space, whether you're a fan of its gaming headphones, mice, keyboards or even laptops, but to date it's only launched a single smartphone, the original Razer Phone. In November 2018, it will release its follow-up, the unsurprisingly titled Razer Phone 2.
- Razer hasn't changed the design much from the original Razer Phone
- Dual 12MP lenses for the rear camera
- Snapdragon 845
- Android Oreo
- Gaming-specific performance settings
- 4,000mAh battery
- Wireless charging
- Razer seems to be playing it safe
- Still likely to be the best smartphone for mobile gaming on the market
Pricing and availability
Razer Phone 2
Razer takes its second crack at the smartphone market
The Razer Phone 2 improves upon its predecessor with an upgraded processor, a sharper dual-lens camera and official water resistance.
- Pricing for the Razer Phone 2 is still to be confirmed, but we'd expect it to land at $1,200-$1,500.
|Display size (inches)||5.72|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2560x1440|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||513|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|Battery size (mAh)||4,000|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||1.75|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||2.6|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||8|
|Front camera (1) aperture||2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 18|
Latest Razer Phone 2 news
Gamers wanting a high refresh rate and lots of power can now order the Razer Phone 2 on contract terms through Optus. Read more…
Razer's updated Razer Phone offers an excellent screen and speakers, along with Chroma RGB logo to tempt in the gamers, but it's a harder phone to recommend to the wider phone buying crowd. Read more…
The new Razer Phone 2 gaming phone will be available in Australia from November. Read more…