Razer Phone 2 review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
- 120Hz screen works well for video and gaming
- Chroma logo is fun (if you like that sort of thing)
- Speakers are exceptionally good
- Camera isn't premium grade
- Big and blocky
- Phone gets warm with heavy use
|Launch price (RRP)||$0|
Razer is best known for its gaming peripherals, so it was something of a surprise when it launched its first Android handset back in 2017.
Here in Australia we had to wait until mid-2018 for the Razer Phone to launch, but its successor, the Razer Phone 2 launches here essentially concurrently with its overseas launch.
Razer has made some significant improvements the second time around, but in such a fiercely contested space as the premium phone market in 2018, it's very much a phone for a niche of users.
- Blocky design.
- Chroma logo.
- IGZO LCD display.
- No headphone jack.
- Side-mounted fingerprint reader.
- Dual lens is OK, not great.
- Too easy to accidentally take burst shots on the side.
- Adjustable clock speeds and refresh rates.
- Low onboard storage.
- Speakers are a real standout.
- Notably warm under heavy load.
- Good battery life.
- Wireless charging capable.
- A good gaming phone, but there are plenty of those.
- Obvious appeal to the Razer fans.
Pricing and availability
Power, storage and battery
Latest Razer news
Fast, comfortable and durable, the Razer Gigantus V2 makes a strong case for investing in a premium mouse pad.Read more…
Gamers wanting a high refresh rate and lots of power can now order the Razer Phone 2 on contract terms through Optus.Read more…
The new Razer Phone 2 gaming phone will be available in Australia from November.Read more…
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked