Razer really pushed the market with the specifications of the original Razer Phone, but the Razer Phone 2 is more of an incremental upgrade than another revolution.
- Snapdragon 845
- Custom game optimisations
- Design doesn't stray far from the original Razer Phone
- Razer seems to be playing catch-up to other premium smartphones
Razer's second premium smartphone is coming, and while Razer has significant muscle in the gaming space, the Razer Phone 2 doesn't differ a whole lot from its predecessor.
Razer has a significant pedigree in the gaming space, whether you're a fan of its gaming headphones, mice, keyboards or even laptops, but to date it's only launched a single smartphone, the original Razer Phone. In November 2018, it will release its follow-up, the unsurprisingly titled Razer Phone 2.
- Razer hasn't changed the design much from the original Razer Phone
- Dual 12MP lenses for the rear camera
- Snapdragon 845
- Android Oreo
- Gaming-specific performance settings
- 4,000mAh battery
- Wireless charging
- Razer seems to be playing it safe
- Still likely to be the best smartphone for mobile gaming on the market
Pricing and availability
Razer Phone 2
Razer takes its second crack at the smartphone market
The Razer Phone 2 improves upon its predecessor with an upgraded processor, a sharper dual-lens camera and official water resistance.
- Pricing for the Razer Phone 2 is still to be confirmed, but we'd expect it to land at $1,200-$1,500.
|Display size (inches)||5.72|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2560x1440|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||513|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|Battery size (mAh)||4,000|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||1.75|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||2.6|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||8|
|Front camera (1) aperture||2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 18|
Latest Razer Phone 2 news
Razer's second take at a gaming phone shows solid signs of improvement, but this is clearly a gamer's phone first and foremost. Read more…
The new Razer Phone 2 gaming phone will be available in Australia from November. Read more…
Keen to get your game on with the Razer Phone? We've collected all the data you need to compare its features, specifications and price to make the right buying decision. Read more…