Razer Mamba Wireless review: Sheds its skin into something lovelier
You could argue that the Razer Mamba Wireless is less of a show-off in lighting terms but there's no arguing against the performance, precision and reliability it delivers when under fire.
- Familiar, svelte design.
- Sensor brought up to modern benchmark standards.
- Ditches the dock.
- Impressive battery life.
Could be better
- Not ambidextrous.
- Has dropped Adjustable Click Force technology.
- No tilt clicking on the wheel.
- Not wireless power enabled for Razer Firefly HyperFlux .
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
When the Razer Mamba Wireless was first introduced in 2010 it was the first “tournament grade” wireless mouse on the pro gamer circuit. It boasted the same connectivity and performance in wireless mode as it did in wired – and that's a must when the difference between the end-user's life and death is measured in milliseconds. Today, we're looking at the 2018 refresh of what's become an outdated but much-beloved workhorse.
The sharp-minded designers at Razer seem to have focused on three main areas of improvement: enhancement of battery life, a sensor tweak from laser to optical and they've made all of the 7 buttons programmable. Even better, all of those impressive updates come at the reasonable price-point of AU$169.95. On paper, at least, this has all the makings of a best-in-class wireless gaming mouse.
- Classy, unsegmented shell
- Smaller and easier to hold than its predecessor
- Responsive in both wired and wireless modes
- Relatively quiet, even under heavy use
- 7 programmable buttons
- Battery life up to 50 hours
- On-the-fly DPI switching between five on-board profiles
Pricing and availability
The Razer Mamba Wireless (2018) retails for $169.95.
Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse
Cut the cord and enjoy up to 50 hours of battery life with the Razer Mamba Wireless gaming mouse.