Razer Gigantus V2 Review
Quick verdict: Fast, comfortable and durable, the Razer Gigantus V2 makes a strong case for investing in a premium mouse pad.
- Low-friction surface makes snappy mouse movement a breeze
- Thick foam core provides comfortable support to your wrist, hand and arm
- Larger sizes accommodate low-sensitivity, high-precision play
- Small desks will struggle to fit even the medium-sized model
- Bigger models get a little pricey
Mouse pads tend to be pretty low on the list when upgrading a PC. I personally spent many years using cheap, flimsy pads before I realised the value of a good-quality mouse surface. Speed and stability can make quite a difference to precision and performance.
Razer has given me reason to rethink my position on mouse pads once again with the Gigantus V2. Why limit the benefits of a good pad to such a small area of your desk? Why not provide more freedom of movement and enhanced stability by creating a pad that covers the entire desk?
It's a good question, and the Gigantus V2 is an even better answer.
- Thick foam core pairs comfort with durability
- Multiple size options cater to a variety of desk layouts
- Larger models provide a consistent and stable surface for keyboards and other peripherals
- Smooth surface allows for fast and accurate mouse movements
- Larger sizes accommodate low-sensitivity play for increased precision
- Wrist and arm support reduces fatigue so you can game for longer
Should you buy the Razer Gigantus V2?
- Buy it if you want a smooth and stable surface for your mouse, keyboard or entire desk
- Don't buy it if you're short on desk space
Prior to testing the Razer Gigantus V2, I had little interest in a super-sized mouse pad. Now, I'm sold on the idea. Having all that extra space for larger mouse movements is freeing. The Gigantus V2 couples that freedom with a speedy surface and a thick core that's both stable and comfortable, making it a top choice for anyone wanting more out of their mouse pad.
Pricing and availability
PriceRRP $19.90 - $92.90
Where to buy
- MG HS plug-in hybrid review: A compelling medium SUV
- Tefal Easy Fry Deluxe XXL EY701 review: Big, powerful and more complicated than it needs to be
- Philips Premium Airfryer XXL (HD9630/21) review: An absolute behemoth of an air fryer
- ASUS ROG Flow X13 GV301 review: Come for the portability, stay for the graphics power
- Nespresso VertuoPlus: Cafe-style coffee at the push of a button