Razer Basilisk V2 review
Quick verdict: The Razer Basilisk V2 is far more than a simple refresh of the original Basilisk – it is a thorough re-tooling that has plenty to offer PC gamers of all experience levels.
- Optical switches are noticeably more responsive than standard mechanical switches
- Comfortable, ergonomic and lightweight while still feeling sturdy
- Deep customisability caters to a wide array of applications and gamers
- Right-handed only
It's been three years since Razer released the original Basilisk wired gaming mouse, and in that time the market has changed quite a bit. Gaming mice have become lighter and more ergonomic, making the original Basilisk a slightly tougher sell in the modern era.
To combat this, Razer has gone back to the drawing board and built the Razer Basilisk V2, a redesign of its predecessor that stacks up far more favourably against the current competition. Lighter, faster and more customisable, the Basilisk V2 proves that Razer is still a force to be reckoned with in the gaming mouse space.
- Surprisingly light for a wide-body mouse while still feeling solid and sturdy
- Enhanced ergonomic design makes for one of the most comfortable mice I've used
- Adjustable scroll wheel resistance is a feature all premium gaming mice should have
- Focus+ optical sensor is highly responsive and precise
- Optical switches are faster and easier to press than traditional mechanical switches
- Smart sensor tracking delivers a more consistent experience across different surfaces
- 11 programmable buttons including a removable multi-function paddle
- HyperShift support gives you access to an extra set of key bindings on the fly
- Five on-board memory profiles make it quick and easy to switch between game-specific customisation settings
- Supremely comfortable
- Responsive and reliable performance
Should you buy it?
The Razer Basilisk V2 is far more than a simple revision. With its comfortable and ergonomic grip, light yet sturdy design and top-tier performance, it is clear proof that Razer refuses to rest on its laurels despite its strong market position. The wide array of customisation options only makes the Basilisk V2 more appealing to a wider range of gamers, whether you're a casual player looking for more comfort and control or a pro wanting premium performance and reliability.
Pricing and availability
The Razer Basilisk V2 retails for $159.95 and is available directly through Razer's website.
Razer Basilisk V2 Gaming Mouse from Razer
With higher precision, more customisation options and increased comfort, the Razer Basilisk V2 is an excellent update to the original Basilisk gaming mouse. Grab one today from Razer's online store.View details