RationalFX international money transfers
Send money worldwide and enjoy bank-beating exchange rates when you transfer funds overseas with RationalFX.
With competitive exchange rates and no fees over the phone, RationalFX allows you to send funds to more than 170 countries around the world.
You can take advantage of a range of order types, including everything from forward contracts to regular payment plans, and each transaction is backed by multi-lingual customer support.
RationalFX exchange rates and fees
RationalFX's exchange rates are regularly updated in line with changes to mid-market rates. It also guarantees that the rate quoted when you book your transfer is the rate you’ll get when your transaction is sent. You can get a quote for free on the RationalFX website or over the phone.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
There is no minimum transfer amount if you choose to send with RationalFX.
RationalFX allows you to send funds to more than 170 countries around the world and cover a lot of the major currencies. A full list of transfer destinations is available from the provider, but some of the major currencies RationalFX allows you to transfer include the following:
- CNY Chinese yuan renminbi
- EUR Euro
- GBP Pound sterling
- HKD Hong Kong dollar
- INR Indian rupee
- USD US dollar
What types of transfers can you carry out with RationalFX?
RationalFX provides the following range of transfer options to help you save time and money when sending funds overseas:
- Spot transactions. Send an international money transfer straight away at the best exchange rate available at the time.
- Regular payments. Save time and money by setting up a recurring payment schedule free of charge.
- Forward contracts. Fix an exchange rate up to two years ahead of a transfer date.
- Limit orders. Choose your preferred exchange rate and RationalFX will monitor the market 24 hours a day and automatically place the order when that rate becomes available.
If you ever need help with a transaction, RationalFX offers phone and email customer support as well as a handy online FAQ section.
The registration and transfer process
It’s easy to send an international money transfer with RationalFX. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps:
- Open an account. It’s quick and free to open an account by completing an online application form. You will need to provide your name, contact details, proof of ID and proof of address to get started.
- Book your currency. You can get a quote and book your currency online through your RationalFX account, or complete this step over the phone with your personal account manager.
- Pay for your transfer. The next step is to pay for your transaction by debit or credit card or by transferring money from your bank account.
- Send your money. RationalFX will securely transfer the money via SWIFT to your recipient’s bank account.
Most transfers are completed within 1-2 business days.
Pros and cons of using RationalFX
- Competitive exchange rates. Get a free exchange rate quote to see how RationalFX’s rates compare with those offered by other money transfer providers.
- Fee-free transfers. You will not have to pay any transfer fees or commissions.
- Send money around the world. RationalFX allows you to send money to more than 170 countries around the world.
- No Australian customer support. RationalFX has offices in England, France and Spain, but none in Australia.
What other products and services does RationalFX offer?
- Premier Service. This is RationalFX’s high-end currency transfer service for clients with high net worth. Customers who choose this option enjoy access to a Premier Account Manager who can provide a concierge-style service and expert advice to manage all your transfer needs.
- Business transfers. From importing and exporting to paying overseas contractors and salaries, RationalFX offers a wide range of flexible transfer solutions for business customers.
- IT solutions. RationalFX also offers a number of bespoke options to allow businesses to incorporate RationalFX’s services into their own website. These include integrating RationalFX’s payment platform into your website and integrating your own payment platform with the provider’s payment processing system.
Founded in 2005, RationalFX is based at Canary Wharf in London’s financial district and employs a team of 70 people. To date, it has helped more than 80,000 clients transfer more than US$8 billion around the world.
How does RationalFX compare to other providers?
Frequently asked questions
RationalFX offers a wide range of flexible features to suit anyone looking for an affordable way to send money overseas, so make sure to include it in your calculations when comparing money transfer providers.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
$0 transfer fees for Finder customers.
OFX has no maximum limit transfers, with competitive exchange rates for 45+ currencies.
Send guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Send provides fee-free transfers via its 24/7 multi-currency payments platform with real-time quotes.