RACQ Secured Personal Loan
Enjoy pre-approval and a competitive rate with the secured personal loan from RACQ.
Must read: Loan no longer availableThis loan is no longer available. The information below has been left for existing customers and as a point of reference.
You can compare your other secured personal loan options here.
Are you after a new or used vehicle and a competitive personal loan? You may want to consider financing your purchase using the RACQ Secured Personal Loan. You'll be able to find your vehicle and negotiate the price with the confidence of RACQ's pre-approval, and if you aren't happy with the loan you have 21 days to cancel without being charged any fees.
Using your vehicle as security will give you a competitive fixed rate. Find out more about the loan, and if it's right for you, below.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||RACQ Bank Secured Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||9.45% (fixed)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||10%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$100,000|
Main ponts to consider with an RACQ Secured Personal Loan
The RACQ Secured Personal Loan can be used to finance a range of new or used vehicles including cars, caravans, watercraft and motorcycles. Interest rates for the loan start at 9.45% p.a. but that actual rate that applies to your account will depend on RACQ's lending criteria. Rates are fixed and you can repay your loan over a term between 1 to 7 years.
Features of an RACQ Secured Personal Loan
This Secured Personal Loan from RACQ offers a number of features, including:
- Fixed interest rate. You'll be offered a fixed interest rate when you receive your loan contract. While the rate you're offered is based on RACQ's lending criteria, rates start from a competitive 9.45% p.a.
- Pre-approval. Getting a good price on your vehicle starts with being able to negotiate at point-of-sale, which you can do with pre-approval. This is offered with RACQ's Secured Loan.
- Quick loan turnaround time. The application form is quick and one of RACQ's staff will advise you of your application's outcome in about 24 hours.
- Repayment flexibility. You can make additional repayments at any time. For ongoing repayments, you can choose to make them fortnightly or monthly via a direct debit facility.
- No monthly fees. No monthly account-keeping fees apply.
- Loan terms. You can choose loan terms between 1 to 7 years.
How much will the loan cost?
The interest rate that will apply to your account will be offered to you in your loan contract. When you submit your application, RACQ will calculate your interest rate based on its lending criteria. Interest rates are fixed and start from 9.45% p.a. with the comparison rate starting from 10% p.a.
Ready to apply for the Secured Personal Loan?
If you're ready to apply, you can click "Go to Site" to be transferred to RACQ's website. To be eligible for this loan you need to meet the below criteria:
- You want to borrow at least $5,000
- You're over the age of 18
- You're an Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident or on an approved working visa
If you meet these criteria you may be eligible to apply. Have the following details on hand to complete your application:
- Personal details including your name and contact information
- Information regarding your employment
- All details about your financial, such as your income and debts
Once you've submitted your application you should find out within 24 hours whether you've been approved.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 10.5% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants. Note: These rates are available until 2 February 2021. Credit, eligibility criteria and terms & conditions apply.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above. Application fee of $150 waived off for applications submitted by 31 March 2021.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.