Cheap flights to Quito for 2021
Find flight deals and low fares to Quito, Ecuador from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Discover Quito in Ecuador and its UNESCO World Heritage high in the formidable Andes. It's a lively city, rich in history and culture with vibrant nightlife and worthy museums. Visitors will find amazing food and have the chance to visit ‘the Middle of the World’ on the equator, less than an hour from Quito.
Ecuador may be one of South America’s smallest countries but it offers breathtaking diversity in its landscape, and Quito is a great base to explore it from. Unfortunately it’s not an easy place to get to from Australia, but it’s still possible to find great flight deals to Quito.
Ecuador flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 34 hrs 30 mins + with three stopovers, landing at Mariscal Sucre International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 33 hrs + with two stopovers, landing at Mariscal Sucre International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 28 hrs 20 mins + with two stopovers, landing at Mariscal Sucre International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 30 hrs 10 mins + with three stopovers, landing at Mariscal Sucre International Airport
Airlines that fly to Quito in Ecuador
- American Airlines
- LATAM Airlines
- United Airlines
Quito, Ecuador insider flight tips
- You can’t fly direct between Santiago and Quito so you might want to consider starting and/or ending your trip in Chile if you’re doing a tour of South America.
- There are direct flights between Quito and Lima (Peru), Panama City, Bogotá (Colombia), Mexico City and a handful of US cities including Miami, Houston and Dallas. Local airlines to get familiar with are TAME, Avianca, Aeromexico and Copa.
- When looking for flight deals to Quito, Ecuador from Australia you will typically come across routes than involve stopping twice or even three times. You can, however, fly one-stop from Sydney: Qantas or American Airlines fly direct to Dallas and from there you can fly direct to Quito with LATAM Airlines or American Airlines.
- Due to Quito’s high altitude – it’s the second-highest capital city in the world – travel delays are quite common throughout the year due to fog and low cloud. Bear this in mind when planning your itinerary.
How to get around Quito from the airport
Quito is 24 kilometres from Mariscal Sucre Airport (UIO). Buses, taxis and rental cars are your transport options. Two public bus services run to separate bus terminals to the north and south of Quito city for the affordable price of around $2; you will need small change. There are also 24-hour private coach shuttles with a company called Aeroservicios. They depart every 30 minutes with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi on board. Taxis are available at the airport 24/7 and fares are fixed according to your destination. You’ll also find five major car rental companies at arrivals.
In terms of travelling away from Quito, there are a few local airlines such as TAME, Avianca, Aeromexico and Copa which fly to other cities in South and Central America. Long-distance buses run to Bogota in Colombia and Lima in Peru.
More guides on Finder
Jetstar sale creates first direct flight between 2 holiday hotspots
EXPIRED: Forget having to wait at the airport for your connecting flight! Jetstar has you covered.
Virgin sale: $59 flights throughout winter
EXPIRED: Take your pick from one of the flexible flight deals in Virgin's rest of Australia sale.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Boxing Day Sales 2021 | Deals to be revealed
Find all the best sales, deals and offers in one place for fashion, electronics, travel, beauty, homewares and toys.
REX soars with discounted flights between Sydney and Melbourne from $79
EXPIRED: REX is shaking things up with cheap flights between Australia's two largest cities.
Best power banks in Australia 2021
We searched through customer and professional reviews to find the best of the best power banks in Australia.
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Qantas: Why ultra-long-haul is still the future
Airlines can survive coronavirus by pivoting to longer flights, as Linus Bauer from the University of London explains.
Cheap flights to Christchurch (CHC) you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Best Ottawa hotels to book in 2021
Top recommendations for the best budget, boutique and downtown hotels in Ottawa.
Ask an Expert