Save on costs with a competitive annual fee, interest free days and complimentary insurances.
No longer offered in the market
The Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Low Rate credit cards here.
The Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate MasterCard costs $49 a year to own. If you need to consolidate your debt, you can transfer your existing credit card balances to the Low Rate MasterCard and pay 0% p.a. interest for 12 months. If you pay your balance in full each month, you can also take advantage of up to 55 interest free days on purchases. Otherwise, you’ll pay a competitive ongoing interest rate of 12.99% p.a.
Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard review
The Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard combines the features of a low rate and low fee credit card. Pay $49 p.a. a year and you can benefit from a low purchase rate of interest, a competitive interest free balance transfer offer and complimentary purchase insurances. For the price of the card, the complimentary insurances are another standout feature of this Low Rate Mastercard.
Benefits of the Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard
- Balance transfers. Pay 0% p.a. interest for 12 months on any credit card debt you balance transfer when you apply for the Low Rate Mastercard. The promotional period starts when you activate your credit card. You can use up to 80% of your available credit limit for a balance transfer.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 55 days interest-free when you pay your balance back in full by the due date on your credit card statement.
- Purchase protection insurance. Any items you buy using your credit card are automatically protected for 90 days under the purchase protection insurance. Pay an excess of $200 and purchases you make with the card are covered for damage, theft and loss provided you make a claim within 21 days.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme. Insurance cover so you always get the best price. Get reimbursed up to the value of $500 if you find an item on sale for cheaper and the difference is more than $75. The item must be available within 25km of the place of purchase.
Features of the Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard
- Annual fee. This low rate Mastercard has an annual fee of $49.
- Purchase rate. The Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard has a purchase rate of interest of 12.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. The cash advance rate of interest is 21.74% p.a. Queenslanders Credit Union also charges a cash advance fee for cash advance transactions.
- Mastercard. This credit card gives you the ability to tap and go for purchases under $100. Mastercard also provides overseas emergency cash assistance if your card is lost or stolen outside of Australia.
- Minimum repayments. You’re required to pay the greater of 2% by the statement due date every month. If you fail to make the minimum monthly repayment you will be charged a late payment fee of $10. This fee is charged every seven days that you continue to fail to make the minimum monthly repayment.
- Currency conversion fee. When you use this low rate credit card to make a purchase or withdrawal in a foreign currency, Queenslanders Credit Union will apply a charge of 3.4% of the transaction value. Note cash withdrawals outside Australia incur an overseas cash withdrawal fee of $5.
- Fraud protection. The Mastercard Zero Liability Guarantee protects you from credit card fraud. This guarantee does not apply to cash withdrawals. Queenslanders Credit Union also offers Fraud Shield protection, which monitors your account around the clock.
The Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard provides one of the cheapest purchases rates in the market. However, as it’s not the only low rate card on the market, it’s wise to compare a few options before applying.Back to top