With Action Account from Queenslanders Credit Union you have the ability to set up smaller accounts – or buckets – to help put aside money that is meant for special purposes. Rebates are given for your transactions fees, and you are given a choice of debit card to give you instant access to your money. Queenslanders will even take the headache of switching banks away with their free switching service.
What are the features of the Queenslanders Credit Union Action Account?
The Action Account works just like any transaction account, helping you with keeping up with your day to day spending. Look at a number of transaction accounts found with various Australian banks and compare their features to what you find with Queenslanders Credit Union to help you determine which one is the best account to suit your financial needs:
- Credit union membership. Queenslanders Credit Union is a mutual organisation, so in order to join you must first purchase a $10 share which is deducted from the first account you open.
- Free transactions. You are allowed unlimited free transactions with the following; deposit, direct debit, internal insurance payments, online and phone banking, BPAY, QuickDebit and Visa debit card purchases with the “credit” option.
- Transaction fees. With the following, you are charged $1.25 per transaction; rediATMs, EFTPOS purchase with rediCARD or with a Visa debit pressing the “cheque” or “savings” option, periodic electronic payments, cheque, and over the counter withdrawals.
- Monthly service fee. There is no monthly account keeping or service fee for the Action Account.
- Transaction fee rebates. You are given an allowance monthly for your transactions that is dependent on the amount of your combined accounts with Queenslander Credit Union. Starting at $5,000 up to $24,999 you will receive a $5 rebate. The rebates continue to grow in increments of $5 as the account balance grows, with those over $150,000 receiving an unlimited number of transactions per month free of charge.
- Debit card options. You are given the option of having a Visa debit card or rediCARD linked to your account.
- Visa debit card. With a Visa debit card you are able to make purchases and cash withdrawals wherever Visa is normally accepted. There is a $20 annual fee per card if you choose this option, which is only available to account holders aged 18 and older.
- Queenslander Credit Union rediCARD. The rediCARD allows you to use ATMs around the world that feature the PLUS logo to access your money or at one of the 3,000 rediATMs in Australia.
- Overseas cash withdrawals. You will be charged $2 for making cash withdrawals or advances overseas.
- Foreign transaction fees. $2 is charged to your account for purchases made overseas or through merchants outside of Australia. You will also be charged 3.5% of the purchase amount if there is a need to convert the currency to the Australian dollar.
- BPay can be used to pay bills.
- Cash can be accessed from ATM and EFTPOS.
- Phone and Internet Banking is allowed.
- $1.25 for ATM transaction fees.
How do I apply for the Queenslanders Credit Union Action Account?
If you are already a member of Queenslanders Credit Union, you can apply for the Action Account through netbanking. If not, check that you meet the following eligibility requirements and then click “Go to Site” to begin your online application to become a member of the credit union and open your Action Account:
- Minimum age. Queenslander Credit Union does not state a minimum age requirement either for becoming a member or for opening an Action Account.
- Residency requirements. All members must be Australian residents for tax purposes.
- Depository requirements. No stipulation is made for a minimum opening deposit, but your account will be charged $10 to cover the cost of your member share once it has been activated. This charge is fully refundable if you ever choose to leave the Queenslanders Credit Union.
You will also need to provide the following documentation as you proceed with the application:
- Tax file number. You are not under any obligation to provide your tax file number (TFN) or exemption. However, if you do not provide it, any interest earned on any of your accounts will be charged a withholding tax.
- Identification. A driver’s licence or passport can be used to assist in verifying your identity.
As you fill out your membership application you will also be asked to choose which account or accounts you are interested in opening with Queenslanders Credit Union. Once your application has been submitted and approved, you will receive the details of your membership and new account.