Load up to 10 currencies and pay no currency conversion fees with the Qudos Bank Multi Currency Cash Passport.
As the banking arm of Qantas, it makes sense that Qudos Bank offers a prepaid multi currency travel money card as part of its range of products. This Mastercard Multi Currency Cash Passport gives you a convenient way to make purchases in a foreign currency when you’re on holiday or shopping online, allowing you to load up to 10 currencies at a time, including Australian dollars.
International currencies can be easily managed through the Cash Passport online portal and funds are reloaded using BPAY. This card features no load or reload fees, but charges ATM withdrawal fees for taking cash out domestically and overseas.
|Available Currencies||AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, THB, CAD, HKD, JPY, SGD, AED|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||1|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Annual Load Amount||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour POS Transaction Limit||$15,000|
|Card Issue Fee||$0|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AUD 3.50|
|Monthly Inactivity Fee|
after 12 months inactivity
|Transaction Fee for Purchases||$0|
|Card Replacement Fee||$0|
|Currency Conversion Fee||0%|
|BPay Reload fee||1%|
|Negative Balance Fee||$0|
|Account Closing Fee||$10|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Currencies and loading funds
This travel card supports 10 different currencies at a time, up to a total card limit of $100,000. You can load money at a Qudos Bank branch or by using BPAY from anywhere in the world. Funds are credited to the first currency listed in the Multi Currency Cash Passport account. By default this is Australian dollars, but you can change the currency order at any time.
The Qudos Bank Travel Money Cash Passport supports these international currencies:
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- United States dollars (USD)
- Euros (EUR)
- British pounds (GBP)
- New Zealand dollars (NZD)
- Thai baht (THB)
- Canadian dollars (CAD)
- Hong Kong dollars (HKD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Singapore dollars (SGD)
The exchange rate applicable to your foreign currency transfer is shown when you switch money between different currencies via the online cash portal. Travel card exchange rates usually include a margin to account for changes. You can also see the latest currency exchange rates on the Multi Currency Cash Passport website.
How to load funds on the card
You can reload your Cash Passport by making a BPAY payment from your everyday account using Internet banking. You will need to enter the following details to complete the transaction:
- The BPAY biller code: 184416
- Reference number: Your Cash Passport card number.
It can take up to three business days for the funds to appear on your account. If there’s a public holiday or weekend in Australia, it may take longer. All reloads are credited in Australian dollars or the first currency if you have changed the default currency order. You can also reload the card in person at Qudos Bank branches or anywhere this card is sold.Back to top
Using the card
The Multi Currency Cash Passport can be used at millions of locations around the world, wherever Mastercard is accepted. There are international and domestic ATM withdrawal fees and ATM operator fees can also apply.
How much will the card cost me?
You won't have to pay to purchase, load or reload the card, but it doesn't come entirely for free. Some of the fees and charges you can expect include:
|Fees associated with Qudos Bank Cash Passport|
|BPAY reload fee||If you use BPAY to reload your card, you'll be charged 1% of the reload amount.|
|ATM withdrawal fees||USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AUD 3.50 *Please note that local ATM fees may still apply.|
|Cash out fee||If you decide to close your card once you've returned from your holiday, you'll be charged a $10 fee when you withdraw your remaining funds from the card.|
Managing your card
- Ordering. You can order the Multi Currency Cash Passport online through the Qudos Bank website. You will be required to make your first card load as part of the transaction. The card can then be picked up at participating Australia Post outlets or sent your home address.
- Activating. The Multi Currency Cash Passport website lets you activate your card and register for the Cash Passport online portal so you can manage your currencies.
- Loading. This prepaid travel card can be reloaded using BPAY. A fee worth 1% of the reload amount is charged each time you reload the card. It can take up to three business days for funds to clear in the Multi Currency Cash Passport account, and longer for weekends and bank holidays.
Managing your card online
Qudos Bank and Mastercard provide a secure and convenient online platform where you can manage your currency options and account from anywhere in the world. Visit the Cash Passport website to register your Multi Currency travel card account for online access so that you can:
- Check your account balances
- Move funds between currencies
- Request your account be closed and cash out your funds
This card comes with a secure PIN to make purchases and ATM withdrawals. For security reasons, this travel card option is not linked to your bank account. You will be issued with 1 cards when you open this account - a primary card for regular use and a backup card if the first is lost, stolen or damaged.
If anything happens to the first card, contact Mastercard Global Emergency Assistance on 1800 120 113 (in Australia) or +1 636 722 7111 (overseas)
Pros and cons
- No currency conversion fee. While many other prepaid travel cards apply a fee when you make a purchase or ATM withdrawal is conducted in a currency that is not loaded on your card, or when there are insufficient funds in that currency to complete the transaction, the Cash Passport doesn’t apply a charge for this service.
- Backup card & free replacement. You get two cards when you open a Multi-Currency Cash Passport. The second card acts as a backup if the first card is lost or stolen. If you lose the backup card, Qudos Bank and Mastercard can also arrange for a free overseas emergency replacement.
- ATM withdrawal fees. Fees of USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AUD 3.50 will apply to overseas ATM withdrawals.
The Multi Currency Cash Passport supports a large number of international currencies, but it also has some fees and charges to watch out for, such as the domestic and international ATM withdrawal fee. Make sure you compare this card to the wide range of other travel money products available to find the right option for your needs.Back to top