Enjoy a low introductory rate and high Qantas Point earn rate with this platinum Visa credit card.
Qantas Credit Union has rebranded to Qudos Bank. As well as a flash website, the credit union has a new look Visa Platinum credit card offering rewards sure to raise the attention of Qantas Points chasers.
The Qudos Visa Platinum Credit Card rewards you with 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent on purchases everywhere and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on Qantas services and products. Other features include complimentary travel insurance and a low intro rate of 4.99% for 5 months on purchases and balance transfers (reverts to a standard rate of 18.99% p.a.).
|Product Name||Qudos Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||4.99% p.a. for 5 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (18.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||4.99% p.a. for 5 months (reverts to 18.99% p.a.)|
|Annual fee||$249 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||18.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.65% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$249 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the outstanding balance or $20.00 whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||US $175|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$2|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Qudos Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card review
The Platinum Visa is the premier credit card from Qudos Bank. The earn rate of 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent is competitive with the ultra-premium products of some of Australia’s largest banks, which offer less or charge more in fees.
You can also double this earn rate if you use the card to purchase Qantas services and products like flights. The introductory purchase rate of 4.99% p.a. also gives you a chance to save money on interest charges and maximise your rewards by in the first five months you have the card.
Plus, you can save money with the complimentary travel insurance this card provides. All of these features come at an annual fee of $249.
Benefits of the Qudos Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card
- High Qantas Points earn rate. You’ll earn 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent on all eligible purchases and 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on Qantas services and products. Qantas Frequent Flyer program membership is included as a complimentary benefit to cardholders (a saving of $89.50 for new members).
- Introductory offer. Qudos Bank apply an interest rate of 4.99% p.a. for the first 5 months on any balances you transfer or purchases you make using the Visa Platinum Credit Card. The ongoing standard variable interest rate (18.99% p.a.) applies when the intro period ends.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Get free international travel insurance from Qudos Bank and Allianz when you charge 50% of your prepaid travel costs to your Platinum Visa. Among other benefits, this complimentary policy includes cover for medical and hospital, lost and stolen belongings and for unexpected interruptions to your travel plans. Cover is extended to your family if they’re travelling with you.
Features of the Qudos Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Rates. The standard rate of interest is 18.99% p.a. Any transactions will accrue interest at this rate once the 5 month introductory period is finished.
- Intro rate on purchases and balance transfers. You get 4.99% p.a. interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 5 months you have the card.
- Annual fee. A $249 annual fee is charged on the anniversary of the date your account was opened.
- Repayments. Interest is calculated annually and charged monthly. You must repay a minimum of 2% of your total outstanding balance each month.
- Currency conversion fee. A 3.65% fee applies to all transactions made in a foreign currency.
- Travel insurance. Qudos Bank and Allianz provide you with complimentary travel insurance when you charge 50% of your prepaid travel costs to your Visa Platinum Card and you hold a return international travel ticket to Australia.
- Visa payWave. Make Tap&Go payments at contactless terminals for transactions under $100.
- Free extra card. You can get an additional card for your spouse or family member at no extra cost.
- Interest-free days. Pay your Platinum Visa Credit Card balance off in full each month and get up to 55 days interest-free on your purchases.
- Visa perks. Get exclusive Visa Entertainment offers such as presale concert tickets and discounted event offers. Visa also gives platinum cardholders access to a 24/7 worldwide concierge service.
- No liability for fraud. Visa give you a guarantee you won’t be liable for unauthorised transactions under their zero liability policy.
How to apply for Qudos Visa Platinum Credit Card
An online application for the Qudos Visa Platinum Credit Card can be completed securely in under 15 minutes.
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You must be an Australian resident.
- Credit history. You must not have been bankrupt.
- Income. Qudos Bank don’t list a minimum income requirement. You must be in paid employment to be eligible for this credit card and you must be able to service the minimum credit limit of $6,000.
You’ll need to provide you basic personal information including your name, date of birth, address and contact information to complete the application.
- Financial documents. Qudos need to see details about your gross income, employer and other assets such as property or savings accounts. Information about financial liabilities such as mortgage payments or monthly rent also needs to be included in the application.
- Identification. For new customers, part of the application requires you to complete an online identification check. You can complete this step using your driver’s licence, Medicare card or passport.
If Qantas is your preferred airline, the rewards earn rate and complimentary insurance make this card a good option for booking flights and boosting your point balance. As far as using this card overseas goes, there are cheaper credit cards to take on holiday. To get the most out of your new credit card, make sure to compare a few options before applying.Back to top