Quake Champions frags into Early Access next week
New maps and a familiar face will be joining the multiplayer FPS, too.
After four months in closed beta, the furiously-fast multiplayer shooter Quake Champions will open its blood-spattered doors to all players through Steam's Early Access program next week.
Despite plans to eventually launch as a free-to-play game, Quake Champions will only be available in Early Access to folks who buy the Champions Pack, which comes with all the current and future characters plus a number of exclusive in-game items. While in Early Access, the Champions Pack will be on sale for a discount before increasing to its full price when it launches at retail.
Alongside the jump to Early Access, Quake Champions will receive a bunch of new content, including two new maps, collectable runes and lore items and a new champion in the form of the DOOM Slayer.
Bethesda hasn't set a date for Quake Champions' full release yet, but it is promising that the game will receive at least six new Champion characters before the end of 2018, with more to follow after that. While the game has only been confirmed for PC at the moment, our interview with Marty Stratton last year all but confirmed it'll make the leap to PS4 and Xbox One in the near future.
Quake Champions will launch in Early Access on 22 August.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits