Qatar Airways brings back daily flights to Doha
Big news for international travellers in Adelaide.
Qatar Airways has one of the most modern and up-to-date fleets around, and started offering daily flights from Adelaide to Doha, Qatar in 2016. However, on October 31 of the same year it was forced to wind back to 5 days a week following a shortage of jets.
Now Qatar Airways daily direct flights are returning from 2 December 2017 with departures from Adelaide at 10.45pm and out of Doha at 9.10pm.
Thanks to its extraordinarily central location relative to Australia, Qatar is a gateway to the rest of the world for travellers from Australia, which is one of the reasons the popularity of this route exceeded expectations, and why this is such big news for anyone departing from Adelaide.
Unsurprisingly, flying Qatar Airways can also deliver much smoother transfers in Doha than many other airlines. For those going on to London and Paris, Qatar Airways will soon be offering the QSuite, the first ever double bed for business class travellers. In addition, it also features an ingenious design with stowaway privacy panels will let business class travellers in adjoining seats create their own private rooms.
Other big plans in the works include Qatar Airways adding Canberra to its routes, which will make it only the second carrier to offer international flights out of Canberra, and the first to focus on big destinations in Europe and elsewhere.
The exceptional quality of Qatar Airways and the added benefits of transferring through a central location like Qatar on the country's national carrier are sure to have a lot of travellers excited about these upcoming expansions.
- Get discounts and deals on Qatar Airways flights, and explore its bestselling destinations for travel inspiration.
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- Virgin Australia’s new economy fares explained: How much can you save?
- AirlineRatings Awards 2021: How did Qantas and Virgin fare?
- New Zealand flights: Travel bubble to start, but which airline has the best price?
- New Zealand travel bubble opens: Rules and costs explained
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes