Qantas sale bites back against Virgin with WA seats
Nobody puts Qantas in a corner.
TL;DR: What's the deal with this flight sale?
Cheapest flight available:
July 2021 to April 2022
It's officially hump day and Qantas is going in for another head-to-head, this time with our beloved Virgin Australia.
Take off on the cheapest route from Kalgoorlie to Perth starting at $179 one way. The east coast comes in at a close second with $229 one-way fares from Sydney or Melbourne.
Travel dates are far and wide, ranging from 14 July to 15 September, 11 October to 15 December 2021 and 2 February to 6 April 2022. Not bad if you ask us.
Other fares worth a spotlight include:
- Karratha to Perth from $239 one way
- Brisbane to Perth from $239 one way
- Newman to Perth from $239 one way
- Port Hedland to Perth from $249 one way
Ready to head west? Pop on over to Skyscanner now to get your slice of the pie.
How do these Qantas sale fares stack up?
Let's talk savings. Prior to this Qantas sale, standard full-price seats to Perth from the east coast are usually found around $360 one way.
Virgin Australia dropped a WA deal earlier this week and is currently offering the same fares from $149 (Kalgoorlie–Perth). Without skipping a beat, Qantas launched $179 for each leg on the same route. Although that's a difference of $30, keep in mind that Qantas is a complete full-service and Virgin only offers it partially.
These fares are also great for those of you looking to earn Frequent Flyer Points. If you're flying from Sydney to Perth, this Qantas sale offers an earning potential of 1,450 Qantas Points and 20 Status Credits.
Better yet, Qantas has dropped its Club joining fee and new members are eligible for additions of up to 100 status credits. You'll have to be quick, the promotion ends 30 June 2021 and applies to both one or two-year memberships.
Don't miss out, this sale ends at midnight on 14 June 2021.
These fares at a glance
- Great flexibility: Passengers are entitled to unlimited, free date changes until 28 February 2022. This applies to all domestic flights booked until 31 July 2021.
- Great airline: The flying kangaroo is Australia's national carrier. Checked baggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are all included in your airfare.
- Great travel time: Forget about connection times with direct flights across the board.
- Good weather: The best time to visit Perth falls between September and November. Travellers can enjoy a warm and dry climate that is not prone to rainfall.
Never miss a flight deal! Check out our full list of all the latest flight sales.