Qantas drops flights to North America, USA to $999 return
In case you're wondering, yes, they ARE available over the peak summer holidays.
So you've just spent your dreary winter suffering from FOMO as you witness all your friends travelling to the sunny USA. Or perhaps you were just there and are missing it desperately already? Well, Qantas has something to cure all your woes.
It's a sale on flights to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and New York. What's more, fares start at just $999 return on travel from 7 November 2019 all the way through to 18 August 2020.
Yup, that includes the peak summer season from 15 July to 18 August 2019.
Well, what are you waiting for? If you're already sold you can find these flights on Flight Centre here but if you need a little more convincing, here are more details.
Flights depart from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. The cheapest departures are from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, where you can get to Los Angeles or San Francisco for $999 return.
Want to head further into The States? From Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane you can also get to Chicago or New York for $1,299 return.
Take off from Adelaide or Perth and you'll pay just $100 more for your journey. For example, flights to Los Angeles or San Francisco start from $1,099 while flights to Chicago or New York start from $1,399 return.
This sale runs until 6 November 2019 unless seats sell out earlier. Book yours before your friend on social media does at Flight Centre then get ready to gloat.
How good are these Qantas USA fares?
- Price: Great. These are very near the cheapest flights to North America we've seen Qantas has launched this year. They are beaten only by these $998 return flights. At $1 difference, it's nothing to cry over.
- Airline: Great. Qantas is the creme-de-la-creme of Australian airlines. It's quite literally the best in the Pacific/Australia region and one we've personally tried, tested and approved. You'll get meals, entertainment and two bags of checked luggage. Because you'll be doing that much shopping with all the money you've saved from this sale.
- Frequent flyer points: Great. You'll earn at least 9,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points and 90 status credit points on your return flight.
- Travel time: Great. Flights to Los Angeles and San Francisco are direct. Flights to Chicago and New York include a stopover.
- Weather: Good. You can take in those beautiful summer days for under $1,000. But beware, Christmas dates are excluded, as are some early summer dates between 15 June and 15 July.
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do