This Qantas sale has you saying hello to Tasmania from $149
Get ready to escape those scorching summer temperatures down south.
With the borders reopening, Qantas is setting its new Sydney–Launceston route for the skies for the first time this summer since 2004.
From 4 December 2020, passengers can enjoy three return services starting from $149 each way.
Pack your bags for take-off between 4 December 2020 and 31 March 2021.
We recommend starting off your trip with the best places to visit in Tasmania and if you're keen on driving, why not make it a road trip across the state? Don't worry we've got the entire itinerary ready to go.
Or maybe get ahead of your New Year's Eve plans with a romantic weekend away for two.
Sort out your next Tasmanian escape by heading to Skyscanner and locking in your fares.
There's no time to waste! This sale is only available until midnight 30 October 2020, unless sold out prior.
Fly with peace of mind
These are extraordinary times and Qantas understands the need for flexibility. Passengers are able to change their booking date one time, free of charge for travel up until 31 January 2020. Only the fare difference is covered by the passenger.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Okay. Although these are good fares for a full-service sale, Virgin Australia also has its Sydney–Launceston fares down to $115 each way.
- Airline: Great. Qantas is one of Australia's most trusted airlines. It's also a full service carrier which means checked baggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are included in your airfares.
- Frequent flyer points: Good. As a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, you earn points as you fly. This sale offers 800 Qantas Points and 10 status credits.
- Travel time: Great. Forget connection times and enjoy direct flights between New South Wales and Tasmania.
- Weather: Great. It doesn't get much better than heading to Tasmania between December and March. This time of year offers the most comfortable temperatures and is perfect for outdoor activities.
- 5 cheapest places to visit when Australia’s international borders reopen
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- How I used Qantas Points to see Antarctica (as nowhere else is open)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now