Qantas set to launch flights from Tamworth to Brisbane
Plus score airfares on sale from $129 one-way.
Qantas has announced that it will be launching a Tamworth to Brisbane direct route as of 29 March 2020, replacing the current need for a stopover in Sydney.
To mark the occasion, Qantas is offering $129 one-way fares on the route until midnight 24 December 2019, so you'll have to get in quick. The sale fares apply to travel dates running between 29 March and 25 October 2020. Specific dates apply depending on your chosen flight.
More than 23,000 seats will be made available for travellers annually and the flights will operate six times weekly on a 74-seater Q400 turboprop aircraft.
This is great for anyone who frequents the cities for work or leisure, cutting out connection times.
"This Government has invested more than $6.2 million to upgrade the Tamworth Regional Airport terminal, to make it the front gate for Tamworth to the world," said Kevin Anderson, member for Tamworth.
Tamworth Regional Council Mayor, Col Murray added, "We are excited to see the economic benefits that this increased connectivity will provide."
This news comes just days after Qantas announced its launch of direct flights from Melbourne to Haneda, Japan.
There's no doubt Qantas is opening up endless opportunity for the town of Tamworth.
Book your Tamworth-Brisbane airfares below:
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?