Qantas sale sees Asia fares drop to $499 return
More than 50 routes from across Australia are available.
Qantas has launched a new sale, featuring return flights to Asia starting as low as $499 return.
Offering discounted flights to popular beach destinations and urban centres, the Amazing Asia Sale includes fares like Perth to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore for $499 return; Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney to Bali for $598 return; and Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra or Sydney to Penang for $699 return.
Approximately 50 routes to Asia from Australia are included in the sale, including fares from Canberra.
Travel dates vary by destination and range from October until June.
Although these Qantas fares come not too long after AirAsia offered fares across Asia from just $99 each way, Qantas offers full-service fares. Checked baggage, in-flight entertainment, meals and drinks are included with all airfares. Adding on those extras to AirAsia flights can quickly add up to as much as $82 more on each leg of the flight (based on a 30kg baggage allowance and the cheapest in-flight meal option).
As well, the Qantas flights are on offer for earlier departures than AirAsia’s, which aren’t available until February.
Compared with other full-service airlines, these Qantas fares are some of the cheapest fares available on these routes.
The Qantas Amazing Asia Sale ends at midnight on 27 September.
- Qantas and Jetstar accelerate restart for flights to Singapore, Fiji and more
- Busted from booking: Holiday rental prices skyrocket in travel hotspots
- New $50 NSW travel vouchers: How to get them, where to use them
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- $200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals