Qantas sale: Fly to Sydney for Vivid from $125
See Sydney up in lights flying Australia's flagship airline.
First opening in 2009, Sydney's Vivid festival has grown each year to become one of the year's must-sees. Running from 26 May to 17 June, the event sees some of Sydney's most iconic landmarks between Darling Harbour and Walsh Bay lit up like nothing else.
Named the Light Up Sydney sale, fares are discounted to $125 one-way from major Australian cities to Sydney. Unlike the Virgin Australia sale which was flights between 26 May and 17 June, these fares are available over a larger travel period of 16 May to 22 June giving you that much more time to visit the city in general.
One-way starting fares for Qantas' Light Up Sydney sale are:
- Melbourne Sydney from $125
- Brisbane to Sydney from $115
- Perth to Sydney from $219
- Newman to Sydney from $359
- Port Headland to Sydney from $359
- Karratha to Sydney from $389
Make a booking: You can book flights in the Qantas Vivid sale through Flight Centre.
Note that a $10 booking fee may apply.
This sale ends at 11:59 AEDT on 3 April 2017 unless sold out prior.
If really want to get you trip's worth you can also book a Vivid harbour cruise to see the show from the water. Cruise prices start from just $19.
The Rocks and Circular Quay are the epicenter of festivities, while Sydney Opera House in particular is always one of the main attractions, with its distinct sails playing host to what is, for almost a month, one of the best lightshows on Earth.
A record 2.3 million attendees took in the show in 2016, and 2017 is set to be even bigger and better. Take some time to plan your trip with our guide to Sydney Vivid 2017 and get some more inspiration and discounts.
- Jetstar drops South Australia and NSW border reopening sale with flights from $59
- Explore your state with Virgin Australia’s sale from $79 a pop
- Jetstar’s sale has Australian fares starting from $49
- This Jetstar sale will have you flying from $49
- Jetstar’s sale is taking you across Australia from $45 a pop