Qantas reveals the names of its Dreamliner fleet
The votes have been counted and the verdict is in.
Last month, Qantas put out a call to the nation asking it to name its new fleet of Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners.
60,000 suggestions and 45,000 votes later and the airline has finally announced the eight winners. These names will brand the fleet, which will service the Perth-London and Melbourne-Los Angeles routes.
And the winners, in no particular order, are...
- Great Barrier Reef
- Waltzing Matilda
- Great Southern Land
Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce says of the entrants: "There were some clear favourites and it’s given us a good mix of names for our eight Dreamliners, from landmarks to native animals, literature and Indigenous heritage."
If you're hoping to spy one of these Dreamliners in the sky, the names will be painted beneath each aircraft's cockpit window. The first arrives in October 2017.
- Singapore Airlines claims title of World’s Best Airline 2019
- Athens and Rome revealed as the best value European cities by Skyscanner
- Virgin Australia is launching voice check-in with Amazon Alexa
- Money Hack: Mash up budget flights to build a cheap overseas trip
- Virgin Australia unveils its upcoming tech game-changers