Discover how you can earn more Qantas Points when you dine out in restaurants around Australia.
The Qantas Frequent Flyer program has a wide range of partners that allow you to earn points for everyday spending and activities, including going out for a meal. With more than 3,500 restaurant partners across the country, the Qantas restaurant booking service makes it easy to boost your point balance while you feast. Here, we explain how to make use of the partnership so you can maximise your frequent flyer perks while eating out.
How does Qantas Restaurants work?
Qantas Restaurants is on online restaurant booking service powered by Dimmi.com.au. As well as accepting live reservations 24/7, it includes customer and critic reviews, photographs, menus and featured restaurants. Highlights of the service include:
- Points per diner. When you book a restaurant via Qantas Restaurants, you earn 100 points for each person dining. Occasionally, there may also be promotions that offer additional points per diner. For example, between 1 November and 31 December 2016, you can earn 200 Qantas points per diner.
- No booking fees. Reservations are free, as are most changes and cancellations. Note that there is an exception when a “credit card prepayment” or “credit card guarantee” is required for the booking. If you cancel after having made a credit card prepayment, refunds are given solely at the discretion of the restaurant. If you place a credit card guarantee and cancel within 24 hours of your booking time, you may be charged a “guaranteed amount”.
- Online reservations. Reservations are confirmed by email immediately after your online booking, which is followed up by a reminder email one day before your reservation date.
- Diner reviews. You can compare restaurant reviews by foodie experts and verified Qantas diners before deciding where to eat. Afterwards, you can also contribute to this community by posting your own review.
- Restaurant search tool and recommendations. Finding restaurants and restaurant recommendations is easy using the page’s user-friendly search tool. You can key in a restaurant name you already know, or search a location to bring up suggested dining places.
- Special offers. Periodically, you will find attractive offers exclusive to the website, including food discounts and additional points. You can view these offers by visiting the Qantas Restaurants home page.
How do I make a booking using Qantas Restaurants?
Making your reservation with Qantas Restaurants is easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Qantas Restaurants website and find your restaurant by searching a postcode, suburb or restaurant name.
- Select your chosen restaurant and fill in your booking details using the drop-down menu. Booking details include the reservation date, time and the number of diners.
- Complete all relevant fields in the booking form, including your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number, first and last name, email address, mobile phone number, postcode and any special requests.
- Click “book now” to complete your reservation.
You will receive an email confirmation after your booking has been successfully made, including a booking confirmation number. To ensure you earn Qantas Points for your booking, quote this confirmation number when you arrive at the restaurant. This will allow the venue to verify your booking has been completed so that the points are processed.
Which restaurants can I book to earn Qantas Points?
There is an expanding list of over 3,500 restaurants across the country that form part of Qantas Restaurants. Here are some of the most popular options in our capital cities:
Key details to remember
When using Qantas Restaurants to make your dining reservation and earn more frequent flyer points, make sure you keep the following details in mind:
- Membership details. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and include your membership number to earn points for Qantas Restaurant bookings.
- Reservation guests. Points will only be awarded for guests included in the reservation who actually dine on the day. For instance, if you make a reservation for five people but only three turn up, you will earn points for three people. If you make a booking for five people but seven people dine on the day, you will only earn points for five people.
- Booking changes. You can make changes to your booking if your dining party has changed to help ensure you get the maximum amount of points possible. Contact the restaurant directly at least two hours before your reservation time to make changes. If your dining party is smaller than your original booking, restaurants reserve the right to apply the prepaid or guaranteed amount to your minimum spend.
- No points-splitting. Points in a single reservation can only be earned by the frequent flyer member under whose name the booking was made.
- Payment conditions. Some restaurants may specify credit card only, which means you will need to make a credit card prepayment or credit card guarantee. A prepayment works like a deposit, whereby you pay an initial amount upfront and the balance of the bill at the restaurant. A guarantee means you are agreeing to a fixed dollar amount per person on the booking. It will not result in any extra charges unless you breach a cancellation or amendment rule, show up late or don’t turn up at all.
- Processing time. Points can take up to eight weeks to be credited to your Qantas account.
- No-shows. You may be considered a “no-show” if you haven’t arrived at the restaurant 15 minutes after your reservation time. If you are identified as a no-show more than three times in 12 months, your access to Qantas Restaurants may be restricted, suspended or terminated.
- Cancellations. You must contact the restaurant directly at least 24 hours before your reservation time to cancel your booking. If your booking includes more than six diners, you must cancel more than 48 hours in advance. If you’ve already made a credit card prepayment, your refund remains solely at the restaurant’s discretion. If you’ve agreed to a credit card guarantee and cancel less than 24 hours before your booking time, your credit card may be charged the “guaranteed amount”.
- Booking promise. Qantas Restaurants provides a promise that protects confirmed bookings. If a restaurant doesn’t honour a booking, you will be compensated with a complimentary meal for two up to the value of $50.
Now that you’re clued in to the conditions of the program, you’re ready to go earn some extra Qantas points on your dining expenses. This can be a great way to further maximise your frequent flyer rewards. If you already earn Qantas Points for everyday spends with a Qantas frequent flyer credit card, you can also double or triple your earn rate by using it in conjunction with Qantas Restaurants.Back to top
Images: Shutterstock and Qantas.