Qantas Restaurants: Earn points for dining out through Quandoo
Discover how you can earn more Qantas Points when you dine out in restaurants around Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Qantas Frequent Flyer program has a wide range of partners that allow you to earn points for everyday spending and activities, including going out for a meal. With more than 18,000 restaurant partners across the country, Qantas Restaurants makes it easy to boost your point balance while you feast. Here, we explain how to make use of the partnership so you can maximise your frequent flyer perks while eating out.
How does Qantas Restaurants work?
Qantas Restaurants is on online restaurant booking service powered by restaurant booking platform Quandoo. The partnership launched in August 2019. Highlights of the service include:
- Points per diner. When you book a restaurant via Qantas Restaurants, you earn 100 points for each person dining. You can make reservations either via the Qantas site or through the Qantas app. (Support for booking through the Quandoo site will be added in the future.)
- Online reservations. Reservations are confirmed by email immediately after your online booking.
- Special offers. Periodically, you will find bonus offers exclusive to the website, including food discounts and additional points. You can view these offers by visiting the Qantas Restaurants home page.
Which restaurants can I book to earn Qantas Points?
There is an expanding list of over 18,000 restaurants in 12 countries across the country that can be booked through Qantas Restaurants.
How long will it take for my points to be credited?
Points can take up to 7 days to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account.
Key details to remember
When using Qantas Restaurants to make your dining reservation and earn more frequent flyer points, make sure you keep the following details in mind:
- Membership details. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and include your membership number to earn points for Qantas Restaurant bookings.
- Reservation guests. Points will only be awarded for guests included in the reservation who actually dine on the day. For instance, if you make a reservation for five people but only three turn up, you will earn points for three people. If you make a booking for five people but seven people dine on the day, you will only earn points for five people.
- No points-splitting. Points in a single reservation can only be earned by the frequent flyer member under whose name the booking was made.
Now that you’re clued in to the conditions of the program, you’re ready to go earn some extra Qantas points on your dining expenses. This can be a great way to further maximise your frequent flyer rewards. If you already earn Qantas Points for everyday spends with a Qantas frequent flyer credit card, you can also double or triple your earn rate by using it in conjunction with Qantas Restaurants.
Want to learn more ways to pick up points while you're wining and dining? Check out Finder's guide to earning points while dining out or ordering in to pick up more tips.Back to top
Images: Shutterstock and Qantas
More guides on Finder
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card offers 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and platinum perks including complimentary insurances.
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
This Qantas sale has you saying hello to Tasmania from $149
EXPIRED: It's time to see Tasmania once again with Qantas.
Citi Rewards Card – Balance Transfer Offer
Take advantage of a 0% balance transfer offer for 30 months and a discounted annual fee for the first year with this Citi Rewards credit card offer.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
Earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia flights
Book flights through to August 2021 and earn 10 Velocity Points per $1 spent.
Qantas Points: Best Spring Style bonus deals to earn points
Up to 8 points per $1 spent at 77 retailers.
Supercharge your frequent flyer points with Points Finder
Ask an Expert