Qantas Restaurants: Earn points for dining out through Quandoo
Discover how you can earn more Qantas Points when you dine out in restaurants around Australia.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
The Qantas Frequent Flyer program has a wide range of partners that allow you to earn points for everyday spending and activities, including going out for a meal. With more than 18,000 restaurant partners across the country, Qantas Restaurants makes it easy to boost your point balance while you feast. Here, we explain how to make use of the partnership so you can maximise your frequent flyer perks while eating out.
How does Qantas Restaurants work?
Qantas Restaurants is on online restaurant booking service powered by restaurant booking platform Quandoo. The partnership launched in August 2019. Highlights of the service include:
- Points per diner. When you book a restaurant via Qantas Restaurants, you earn 100 points for each person dining. You can make reservations either via the Qantas site or through the Qantas app. (Support for booking through the Quandoo site will be added in the future.)
- Online reservations. Reservations are confirmed by email immediately after your online booking.
- Special offers. Periodically, you will find bonus offers exclusive to the website, including food discounts and additional points. You can view these offers by visiting the Qantas Restaurants home page.
Which restaurants can I book to earn Qantas Points?
There is an expanding list of over 18,000 restaurants in 12 countries across the country that can be booked through Qantas Restaurants.
How long will it take for my points to be credited?
Points can take up to 7 days to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account.
Key details to remember
When using Qantas Restaurants to make your dining reservation and earn more frequent flyer points, make sure you keep the following details in mind:
- Membership details. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and include your membership number to earn points for Qantas Restaurant bookings.
- Reservation guests. Points will only be awarded for guests included in the reservation who actually dine on the day. For instance, if you make a reservation for five people but only three turn up, you will earn points for three people. If you make a booking for five people but seven people dine on the day, you will only earn points for five people.
- No points-splitting. Points in a single reservation can only be earned by the frequent flyer member under whose name the booking was made.
Now that you’re clued in to the conditions of the program, you’re ready to go earn some extra Qantas points on your dining expenses. This can be a great way to further maximise your frequent flyer rewards. If you already earn Qantas Points for everyday spends with a Qantas frequent flyer credit card, you can also double or triple your earn rate by using it in conjunction with Qantas Restaurants.
Want to learn more ways to pick up points while you're wining and dining? Check out Finder's guide to earning points while dining out or ordering in to pick up more tips.Back to top
Images: Shutterstock and Qantas
More guides on Finder
This Qantas sale has you saying hello to Tasmania from $149
It's time to see Tasmania once again with Qantas.
Citi Rewards Card – Exclusive Offer
Take advantage of a 0% balance transfer offer for 30 months and a discounted annual fee for the first year with this exclusive Citi Rewards credit card offer.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
Earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia flights
Book flights through to August 2021 and earn 10 Velocity Points per $1 spent.
Qantas Points: Best Spring Style bonus deals to earn points
Up to 8 points per $1 spent at 77 retailers.
Why Qantas Classic Flight Rewards are worth more than ever right now
You can easily get $45+ in value for every 1,000 Qantas Points. Here's how.
Qantas Points: Best Father’s Day gift deals to earn points
Bonus points offers on fashion, books and tech – we've got the full list.
Netflix frequent flyer wars: Coles and Woolworths points deals compared
Earn Qantas or Velocity points from streaming. Which deal is better?
Qantas Store Winter Warmers bonus points offers, ranked
Earn up to 8 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
The 5 most important changes to Qantas Frequent Flyer explained
Extra Status Credits! More reward flights! More Points Planes! Here's what it all means.
Supercharge your frequent flyer points with Points Finder
Ask an Expert