Discover how you can earn Qantas Points by dining out at restaurants around Australia.
The Qantas Frequent Flyer program has expanded its rewards program by letting members earn points for dining.
How does Qantas Restaurants work?
Members can earn 200 Frequent Flyer points per person when they book at eligible eateries through Qantas Restaurants. There's a number of options for where to eat and the list includes some of Australia's best restaurants. You can view menus, images and deals for over 2,000 restaurants across Australia and book through Qantas online.
For this program, Qantas has partnered up with restaurant booking network Dimmi.com.au. The booking network, which is the largest in Australia, offers reviews, photos and free bookings for restaurants across Australia.
How do I make a booking?
If you'd like to start earning Qantas Points by dining out with Qantas Restaurants, follow these steps to make a booking:
- Go to the Qantas Restaurants website and find a restaurant to book by searching postcodes, suburbs or restaurant names
- Select your chosen restaurant and click 'book now'
- Complete all relevant fields in the booking form, including your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number
- You will receive an email confirmation after your booking has been successfully made, as well as a reminder 24 hours before your booking
- In this email confirmation, you will receive a booking confirmation number which you need to quote when you arrive at the restaurant. This will ensure your Qantas Rewards points are redeemed for the booking.
Pros and cons of Qantas Restaurants
- Savings. There's no booking fee when you reserve a table through Qantas Restaurants and you also have access to more exclusive deals on the site.
- Easy booking. You can look through the list of restaurants directly on the Qantas site and book directly through them.
- Access. Qantas Restaurants are powered through Dimmi.com.au, giving members access to Australia's largest restaurant marketing and booking network so reservations are live, confirmed instantly and can be made 24 hours a day.
- Some cities have it better than others. Qantas members in Melbourne and Sydney have a wide array of restaurants to choose from, but those wanting to earn points for dining in Canberra and Hobart are very restricted in terms of choice.
Things to avoid when using Qantas Restaurants
Don't try and rort the system by booking a table for ten but only bringing two, because a member will not earn Qantas Points for any people who do not come. The same goes for any extra people who decide to go with you, but were not included in the original number of people when you booked online. Basically, make sure you book for the right amount of people. If you want to make changes to your booking you need to do it at least two hours before the booking time.
Notable restaurants in the program
There is a great selection of restaurants in the program and here are some of the notable restaurants in these capital cities. Take a look at the Qantas website for a full list of dining options in other cities and regional areas.
Frequently asked questions
Are all the restaurants on Dimmi.com.au part of the Qantas program?
No. You can only earn points with the restaurants listed on the Qantas Restaurants website, not Dimmi.com.au.
What if I miss my reservation?
If you fail to show up to your reservation without notifying the restaurant, you will be classified as a 'no-show' and Qantas will be notified. If you are classified as a 'no-show' on more than three occasions within a 12 month period Qantas may choose to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the program.
What if the restaurant doesn't have a table for me after I've booked?
If you have successfully booked through Qantas restaurants but the restaurant cannot accommodate your booking, the restaurant will provide you with a meal for two up to $50 value.