Qantas renews partnership with Air France
This means more flight options to Europe for Aussie travellers.
Qantas and Air France have renewed and revamped its alliance today, giving flyers more seamless ways to travel between Australia and Europe. This includes additional codeshare services, lounge access and more opportunities to pick up frequent flyer points.
Available for booking from 5 June 2018 for travel from 20 July 2018, Air France is adding its code to Qantas flights between Hong Kong and Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane as well as between Singapore and Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
Following the renewed deal, Qantas will add its code to flights operated by Air France between Singapore and Hong Kong and Paris-Charles de Gaulle continuing from flights from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
Air France flyers can also access codeshare services from Sydney to five cities on the Australian domestic network including Canberra, Hobart, Adelaide, Cairns and Darwin. This new agreement will mean that the two airlines will codeshare more than 200 flights each week.
This also means increased opportunities to travel in luxury for both Qantas and Air France customers. Air France eligible customers can access Qantas lounges in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia, while Qantas flyers can relax in Air France lounges in Paris, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Plus, this also means increased opportunity to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when you’re travelling to Europe via Asia.
“The return of this popular codeshare delivers on our strategy of partnering to provide customers with access to an expanded network and more seamless travel experiences wherever they want to fly,” Qantas International CEO Alison Webster said a in a statement announcing the new deal.
So, when can you take advantage of these codeshare services? You can compare the upcoming flight schedules below:
Flight schedules (in local time) operated by Air France in July-October 2018:
- AF256: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 20:50, arrives in Singapore at 15:45 the following day;
- AF257: leaves Singapore at 22:35, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 6:00 the following day.
A daily flight
- AF188: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 23:35, arrives in Hong Kong at 17:35 the following day;
- AF185: leaves Hong Kong at 22:50, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 5:55 the following day.
A daily flight
Daily flight schedules (in local time) operated by Qantas in July-October 2018:
- QF002: leaves Singapore at 19:30, arrives in Sydney at 5:10 the following day.
- QF082: leaves Singapore at 21:10, arrives in Sydney at 7:00 the following day.
- QF036: leaves Singapore at 20:15, arrives in Melbourne at 5:35 the following day.
- QF052: leaves Singapore at 20:40, arrives in Brisbane at 6:05 the following day.
- QF072: leaves Singapore at 18:40, arrives in Perth at 23:55.
- QF081: leaves Sydney at 10:15, arrives in Singapore at 16:50.
- QF035: leaves Melbourne at 11:55, arrives in Singapore at 17:55.
- QF051: leaves Brisbane at 12:00, arrives in Singapore at 18:15.
- QF071: leaves Perth at 11:50, arrives in Singapore at 17:20.
- QF128: leaves Hong Kong at 20:00, arrives in Sydney at 6:55 the following day.
- QF118: leaves Hong Kong at 23:25, arrives in Sydney at 10:50 the following day.
- QF030: leaves Hong Kong at 20:10, arrives in Melbourne at 7:35 the following day.
- QF098: leaves Hong Kong at 20:15, arrives in Brisbane at 7:05 the following day.
- QF127: leaves Sydney at 10:35, arrives in Hong Kong at 18:00.
- QF029: leaves Melbourne at 9:35, arrives in Hong Kong at 17:20.
- QF097: leaves Brisbane at 10:45, arrives in Hong Kong at 18:00.
THE POINTS FINDER TAKEWith Qantas's renewed focus on Singapore, this is a great addition for passengers who want to head to Paris without messing around with a Heathrow interchange.