The Qantas Premier Platinum Credit Card earns between 0.5 and 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 on eligible everyday spending, and up to 2 points per $1 with Qantas. It also offers 2 airport lounge invitations per year, complimentary travel insurance, a yearly discounted companion flight offer for eligible domestic trips with Qantas and 6 months interest-free on your first eligible Qantas purchase with the card. Just keep in mind that the 19.99% p.a. variable interest rate will apply if you're still paying off the purchase after the promotional period ends.
Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 19.99% p.a.
- Reward point per $ spent
- Annual fee for the first year ($399 p.a. thereafter)
- $349 p.a.
Up to 80,000 bonus Qantas Points
Up to 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent
Balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 12 months
Discounted $349 first-year annual fee
The standard $399 annual fee is relatively high
You will not get interest-free days on purchases if you’re carrying a balance transfer debt
While most Australian spending earns 1 point per $1, anything over $10,000 in a statement period earns a lower rate of 0.5 points per $1
|Product Name||Qantas Premier Platinum|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||0% for 12 months, then 21.99%|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate p.a.||19.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||21.99%|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Annual fee||$349 first year ($399 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $3, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$50|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
How to applyYou can apply for the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard online in 10 minutes. Before you apply, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and that you have the necessary information to complete the application:
- Income. You must earn at least $35,000 per year to apply for this card.
- Current Qantas Premier cardholder status. You won't be eligible to apply for this offer if you are the primary cardholder of another Qantas Premier credit card account or have held one in the previous 12 months.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership status. You must be a current Qantas Frequent Flyer member to apply for this card. If you're not a member, you can join for free upon application.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply for this credit card. You also need to have an Australian residential address and mobile phone number.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you are planning to transfer a balance, you can transfer up to 80% of your available credit limit.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and a contact number.
- Identification. This includes your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number. Usually a driver's licence is preferred.
- Employment. Provide details of your current employer, role, salary and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked to submit recent payslips or your work agreement as supporting documentation. If you're self-employed, you should provide details of your tax accountant and recent Tax Assessment Notices.
- Finances. Provide information about any other assets (such as savings and investments) and debts (such as existing cards or loans). You'll also be asked to estimate your regular expenses for essentials such as food, housing and utilities.
- Balance transfer details. You must provide the name of the financial institution, BPAY reference number and the amount you want to transfer.
- Up to 80,000 bonus Qantas Points. Earn 60,000 bonus points when you apply as a new cardholder by 01 May 2024 and spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card approval and an additional 20,000 bonus points if you haven’t earned Qantas Points with a credit card in the last 12 months. Most of your everyday spending will be eligible to earn points, but transactions that aren't eligible purchases include cash advances, balance transfers, BPAY payments and government-related transactions. Your bonus points will be credited to your account within 6 to 8 weeks of meeting the spend requirement.
- Discounted first-year annual fee. Apply by 01 May 2024 and pay a $349 first-year annual fee ($399 p.a. after).
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. You'll earn:
- 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia up to $10,000 per month
- 0.5 points per $1 spent after $10,000 per month
- 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on Qantas flights, Qantas Club membership and purchases through the Qantas Marketplace
- 1.5 points per $1 spent overseas
- Discounted companion flight offer. Use the Qantas Premier Concierge service for your flight booking and you can enjoy up to 20% off selected domestic companion flights once per year. This offer is available for you and up to 8 companions as long as you travel together on the same booking number, day and flight(s).
- Airport lounge invitations. Travel in style with 2 single-entry complimentary lounge invitations each year on your card anniversary. These passes can be used at domestic Qantas Club lounges or Qantas-operated International Business Lounges (excluding Los Angeles Tom Bradley Terminal International Business Lounge).
- 6 months interest-free on first Qantas purchase. If you make an eligible Qantas purchase in the first 6 months you have this card, it will automatically be approved for an interest-free period of 6 months. After that, the card's purchase rate applies to any unpaid part of the purchase. This includes eligible Qantas flights, Qantas Club fees, Qantas Gift Vouchers and spending through the Qantas Marketplace. Just keep in mind that you'll still need to meet the repayment requirements listed on each credit card statement during the interest-free period.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Enjoy peace of mind on your overseas trips with complimentary travel insurance issued by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited under a Master Policy with National Australian Bank Limited.
- Balance transfer offer. 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for the first 12 months when you apply by 01 May 2024. When the introductory period ends, any remaining balance will accrue interest at 21.99% p.a. Note that if you have a balance transfer debt, you won't be eligible for interest-free days on purchases.
- Concierge service. Your dedicated concierge can help you with anything from travel bookings to restaurant recommendations, hotel reservations and event tickets.
- Mobile payment technology. You can link your Qantas Money credit card with Apple Pay and Google Pay to make contactless payments using your compatible device at the checkout.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a standard annual fee of $399.
- Purchase rate. The variable purchase interest rate for this card is 19.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. Pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement and you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. Please note that interest-free days do not apply when you carry a balance transfer debt.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card for cash advance transactions, an interest rate of 21.99% p.a. will apply. You will also be charged a domestic cash advance fee of 3% of transaction amount or $3 (whichever is greater), or $5 if you're overseas.
- Additional cardholder. You can earn more points and manage your family spending by requesting up to 4 additional cardholders. A fee of $50 per year applies for each supplementary card you add to your account. Note that you will also be responsible for keeping the account in good standing if you share your account with any additional cardholders.