Enjoy a bonus 80,000 Qantas Points when you meet the spend requirements, points per $1 spent on eligible purchases and a exclusive travel benefits with the Qantas Premier Platinum Credit Card.
This platinum frequent flyer card from Qantas is designed to offer premium rewards and benefits for frequent flyers. As well as earning up to 2 points per $1 spent on eligible spend with Qantas, the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard offers complimentary travel insurance, two airport lounge invitations per year on your card anniversary and a discount offer on selected domestic companion fares once a year.
Cardholders can earn up to 40,000 bonus Qantas Points each month (80,000 total) when they spend at least $3,500 per month for the first 2 months ($7,000 total) from card approval. Plus, receive an introductory 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 15 months.
|Product Name||Qantas Premier Platinum|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 15 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||30 June 2018|
|Annual fee||$299 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$299 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$3 or 3% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$50|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- 40,000 bonus Qantas Points per month for the first two months (80,000 total) when you spend $3,500 or more per month ($7,000 total) from card approval.
- Earn up to 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas purchases.
- Receive 2 complimentary lounge invitations each anniversary year.
- Enjoy complimentary overseas travel insurance.
- This card offers up to 20% discount on selected domestic companion fares once a year when you book through the Qantas Premier Concierge.
- At the end of the promotional period, balance transfer rate will revert to the cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||80,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
Review of the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard
Offered by Qantas Money and issued by Citi, the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard has a tiered earn rate to help maximise rewards for frequent flyers. With this card, you earn 2 points per $1 spent on Qantas fares, Qantas Club membership and purchases made on the Qantas Store. You also earn 1.5 points per $1 on international spending. For eligible purchases in Australia, you earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $10,000 per month and 0.5 points per $1 after that.
While there are other frequent flyer cards that also offer complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance, the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard has set itself apart with another feature – up to 20% off selected domestic companion fares once a year when you book through the Qantas Premier Concierge. But take note of the standard annual fee of $299 and purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. (variable) to decide if these benefits will outweigh the costs of this card.
Benefits and features of the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard
Here are some of the potential benefits and features you can look forward to:
- Up to 80,000 bonus Qantas Points. You can give your Qantas Points balance a boost of up to 80,000 bonus points. Earn 40,000 each month you spend $3,500 or more for the first 2 months from card approval ($7,000 total). Offer ends 30 June 2018. That’s enough points for a one way economy flight from Sydney to London (which costs 60,000 Qantas Points excluding fees and taxes at the time of writing). Note that cash advances, balance transfers, refunds, chargebacks and special promotions are not counted as eligible purchases and do not contribute to this spending requirement.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 15 months when you apply by 30 June 2018. When the introductory period ends, any balance remaining from the transfer will accrue interest at the standard variable cash advance rate, currently 21.99% p.a.
- 0% p.a. for 6 months on your first Qantas purchase. If you use your card for a purchase with Qantas in the first 6 months of card approval, it will automatically collect a 0% p.a. interest rate for 6 months from the date the transaction is processed. This is only available for your first Qantas purchase in this period and any unpaid balance at the end of the 6 month period will revert to the variable purchase rate currently19.99% p.a. This offer is only available for the following Qantas purchases: flights booked directly through qantas.com and Qantas Contact Centres, Qantas flights booked through selected travel agents, Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership, joining and annual fees, Qantas Gift Vouchers, purchases from qantasstore.com.au and qantasepiqure.com.au. Exclusions apply.
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. This card offers 2 points per $1 spent on Qantas flights, Qantas Club membership and purchases through the Qantas Store, 1.5 points per $1 spent overseas and 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia up to $10,000 per month (0.5 points per $1 spent after that).
- Companion flight offer. Use the Qantas Premier Concierge service for your flight booking and you can enjoy up to 20% off selected domestic companion flights once per year. This offer is available for you and up to 8 companions as long as you travel together on the same booking number, day and flight(s).
- Airport lounge invitations. Enjoy two single-entry complimentary lounge invitations each year on your card anniversary. These passes can be used at domestic Qantas Club lounges or Qantas-operated International Business Lounges (excluding Los Angeles Tom Bradley Terminal International Business Lounge) in accordance with the Qantas Premier Platinum Credit Card Airline Benefit Terms and Conditions and the Qantas Lounge Invitation Terms and Conditions.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Enjoy peace of mind on your overseas trips with complimentary travel insurance issued by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited under a Master Policy with Citigroup Pty Limited. Please note that terms and conditions apply.
- Concierge service. Gain access to a dedicated concierge that can help you with anything from travel bookings to restaurant recommendations, hotel reservations and event tickets.
Rates and fees for the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard
These are the costs that come with the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard:
- Annual fee. This charges a standard annual fee of $299
- Additional cardholder. A fee of $50 per year applies for each supplementary card you add to your account. You can currently only request additional cardholders when completing your application for the card. Note that you will also be responsible for keeping the account in good standing if you share your account with any additional cardholders.
- Purchase rate. The standard variable purchase rate for this card is 19.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. Pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement and you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card for cash advance transactions, an interest rate of 21.99% p.a. will apply. This rate also applies to any balance transfer debt remaining at the end of the balance transfer promotional period.
- Balance transfer limit. When you're taking advantage of the balance transfer offer, you can transfer up to 80% of your assigned credit limit (subject to approval). For example, if your credit limit is $5,000, you could transfer a debt of $4,000.
- Balance transfer restrictions. Debt from other Citigroup-issued credit facilities including Citi, Virgin Money, Suncorp and BOQ are not eligible for a balance transfer to this card.
How to apply for the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard
You can apply for the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard online in a few minutes.
Eligibility criteria checklist
- How old are you? You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Are you an Australian citizen? Usually you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply for this credit card.
- Do you meet the minimum income requirement? You must earn at least $35,000 per year to apply for this card.
- Do you have a good credit history? You generally need a good to excellent credit history to apply for a platinum credit card like this one.
Information and documents you’ll need
To complete your application, you’ll be asked to provide a range of details and supporting documentation. This could include:
- Personal details. All credit card applications require your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and a contact number.
- Identification. This includes your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare number. Usually a driver’s licence is preferred.
- Employment. Provide details of your current employer, role, salary and your employer’s contact details. You may also be asked to submit recent payslips or your work agreement as supporting documentation. If you’re self-employed, you should provide details of your tax accountant and recent Tax Assessment Notices.
- Financial details. Provide information about any other assets that you have (savings, investments etc) and debts such as existing cards or loans. You’ll also be asked to estimate your regular expenses for essentials such as food, housing and utilities.
The Qantas Premier Platinum credit card offers a competitive bonus points offer and travel-centric extra features to suit frequent flyers. However, as this isn't the only Qantas Frequent Flyer credit card on the market, make sure to compare the benefits and costs of this card with others before deciding if it's right for you.Back to top