Qantas sale sorts out school holiday plans from $129
Take off as the flying kangaroo adds three new direct routes to the NSW North Coast.No plans for the Easter school holidays yet? Qantas' three new direct flights might do the trick.
From $129 you could be jetting from Canberra to Byron Bay, and Melbourne or Brisbane to Coffs Harbour.
If this sounds up your alley, head over to KAYAK to score your seats.
When can you fly? The travel dates range from April to October 2021. Perfect for escaping over the two-week holidays this year - that includes the Easter, winter and spring school holidays.
This all comes as Qantas adds the three new direct routes to its network as of 1 April 2021. As demand grows, passengers can also expect extra seats on the Sydney to Coffs Harbour service during the term break.
Let's get into the savings. We compared prices from this promotion to Qantas' One Million Seats sale from earlier in February. On the Melbourne to Coffs Harbour route, you stand to save an extra $70 on the round trip. Not bad if you ask us.
The Easter school holidays seem to be on everyone's mind as Virgin Australia also drops fares from $129 on new direct routes including Adelaide-Sunshine Coast and Melbourne-Byron Bay.
It's first in, best dressed. This sale is only available until midnight 21 February 2021, unless sold out prior.
QantasLink CEO John Gissing said, "With international borders closed, we want to make it even easier for travellers to holiday around Australia."
"The beautiful coastal hubs of Byron Bay and Coffs Harbour continue to be incredibly popular with travellers, so it makes sense to provide direct connections from other capital cities to make them even more accessible."
How good are these fares?
- Flexibility: Great. Passengers are now entitled to unlimited, free date changes until 31 January 2022. This applies to all domestic flights booked until 30 April 2021 for travel until 31 January 2022.
- Airline: Great. Qantas is a full-service carrier in Australia. So checked baggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are all included in your airfares.
- Frequent Flyer points: Good. You can earn Frequent Flyer points when you fly with Qantas. Nab 800 Qantas points and 10 status credits when you book with this sale.
- Travel time: Great. Holiday sooner rather than later with direct flights across the sale.
- Weather: Okay. If getting away over school holidays is the plan, consider Byron Bay in early April. Although the best time to visit the region falls between September to November, you can still score warmer temperatures and fewer crowds in the months of autumn.