This Qantas flight sale gets you to the Northern Territory for $199
Fly to Uluru or Alice Springs on the cheap.
TL;DR: What's the deal with this flight sale?
Cheapest flight available:
1 November 2022 - 30 March 2023
Qantas is setting your summer holiday plans in motion with cheap-as-chips flights to the NT between November and March.
Prices start from $199 each way and can get you to Alice Springs or Uluru (Ayers Rock).
Flights to The Alice depart from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide – all of which are priced from $199 a pop.
Flights to Uluru also start from $199 but are only offered from Cairns or Sydney.
Available travel dates range from 1 November to 14 December 2022 and 17 January to 30 March 2023.
- Ready to discover the Red Centre? Compare flights now with KAYAK.
How good is this Qantas sale?
The Flying Kangaroo has been dishing out destination sale after destination sale lately.
This sale isn't as cheap but comes damn close.
Looking at flights to Uluru, Jetstar is the only other airline that flies direct to the rock.
From Sydney you can get them a smidgen cheaper on the budget carrier. We found prices at $187 each way in November. Mind, these are seat-only fares and if you need luggage it'll be cheaper to opt to fly with Qantas than add the minimum 15kg of luggage on each way.
Looking at flights to Alice Springs, outside of regional airlines your only other option is Virgin Australia. It flies in from Brisbane, Adelaide and Darwin only and has starting fares in November from $169 out of Adelaide.
As a bonus, these are Choice fares that let you choose your seat and bring 23kg of checked luggage, making it the cheaper option. But only from the cities it services. If you're flying from Melbourne or Sydney, Qantas is your only option for non-stop flights.
This Qantas sale ends Monday 26 September 2022 or when it's sold out.
These Qantas NT fares at a glance
- OK flexibility: Qantas's Fly Well program lets you change your flight fee-free if you're affected by COVID-19.
- OK airline: Qantas's reputation hasn't been crash-hot lately due to massive flight cancellations and mishandled baggage. That said, it has cut flights in the near future to help improve its performance. It's also a full-service airline with luggage, meals and in-flight entertainment included with your fare.
- Great frequent flyer points: You can earn Qantas Points and status credits on all flights.
- Great travel time: Enjoy non-stop flights from A to B.
- OK weather: The Northern Territory is hot and wet during summer. We personally recommend visiting in winter. However, if you wish to cash in on this sale, aim for early November or late March dates to avoid the worst of the heat and humidity.