Qantas slashes flights to Japan down to $654 return
Cherry blossom season and early summer dates included.
Been dreaming of ticking cherry blossoms off your bucket list? Perhaps you're keen on scaling Mount Fuji in summer? Or maybe you just want to walk that iconic Shibuya crossing and take in all the neon of the big city?
Whatever you've got planned in Japan, Qantas has the sale to get you there in luxury for cheap.
How cheap, do you ask? Well, flights start at just $654 return from Sydney to Tokyo. It's not the only route on sale, either. Other starting fares include:
- Melbourne to Tokyo from $666 return
- Brisbane to Tokyo from $679 return
- Adelaide to Tokyo from $700 return
- Canberra to Tokyo from $784
Travel is available from late-April until late-June, which includes that enviable cherry blossom season from April-May.
As there's no set end date to this sale, seats are available until sold out only.
Snatch yours up now via Skyscanner.
How good are these Qantas Japan fares?
- Price: Great. The last notable Qantas flights sale to Japan boasted flights from $349 each way - or $698 return. With a starting fare of $44 less, this is now the one to beat. For an idea of what a typical flight costs, Skyscanner pegs the typical cost of a Sydney to Tokyo flight at $1,058 return. See below for more.
- Airline: Great. Qantas is a full-service airline and is regarded as the best in the Australia/Pacific region. We can't praise it enough.
- Frequent flyer points: Great. You can earn at least 5,200 Qantas points and 60 status credits on a return fare between Sydney and Tokyo.
- Travel time: Great. Expect non-stop flights on all routes. This way, you won't have to suffer changing terminals or planes as you do on cheaper airlines like Jetstar.
- Weather: Great. April and May are prime cherry blossom viewing months. Being spring they also serve up pleasant sightseeing weather. June offers warmer weather but can also welcome heavy rainy spells.